[Bug Report] Evolutions being removed

OrzOrz Join Date: 2010-03-24 Member: 71069Members
I've noticed a bug, whereby if you have already chosen some evolutions/upgrades, then go back to the evolution menu, the upgrades are removed and you have to select/evolve them all over again (and pay for it). It 'attempts' to evolve (ie, you change into an egg) but immediately stops, and you lose your evolutions.

Specifically, I've noticed with the Fade, that sometimes when this happens, it makes you pay for the evolutions AND the 50 res for Fade itself, even if you've already evolved to Fade. However, it only makes you pay for the Fade again if you try to evolve 3 upgrades all at once (ie, carapace, regen, and silence) - the 'res cost' number goes from 2, to 4, to 56 upon selecting the 3rd upgrade.

I hope this isn't too hard to understand - it's happened to me on Lerk and Gorge as well, minus the part about having to pay for the Lifeform again.

EG: I'm a Lerk with Carapace and Regen. Silence becomes available, so I open the menu to select silence. Upon selecting it and trying to evolve, I lose my previous upgrades, and I have to pay for them again.

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Yeah, this is an annoyed bug, but its been reported.
  • ZycaRZycaR Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8263Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1918512:date=Mar 27 2012, 08:14 AM:name=Orz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Orz @ Mar 27 2012, 08:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1918512"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->EG: I'm a Lerk with Carapace and Regen. Silence becomes available, so I open the menu to select silence. Upon selecting it and trying to evolve, I lose my previous upgrades, and I have to pay for them again.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Also the evolution to new upgrades, when you lose the previous one is almost instant :)
  • OrzOrz Join Date: 2010-03-24 Member: 71069Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1919295:date=Mar 29 2012, 07:58 PM:name=ZycaR)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZycaR @ Mar 29 2012, 07:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1919295"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also the evolution to new upgrades, when you lose the previous one is almost instant :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, that happens as well. It's a very annoying bug, not just because you can't be sure what upgrades you have (as they keep getting removed), but because in some cases (like the Fade example I quoted) you have to PAY for them all over again, sometimes including the lifeform itself!