Server Browser Improvements

b_toasterb_toaster Join Date: 2012-03-27 Member: 149486Members
The current server browser system is frustratingly simple. TF2 is an excellent example of a server browser (the non-'simplified list' interface). Here are a few suggestions:

<ul><li>Autoretry. I can currently autoretry a server if a friend is in it (from the steam overlay), but I can't simply autoretry a server from the browser list. refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, etc.</li><li>Filtering. Generally I don't want to join an empty server or one with a high ping. Ideally I'd be able to filter using all the tags supported by TF2.</li><li>Favorites. I get into the habit of playing on same servers because I make friends. It would be nice to have a tab for that (again, like TF2). A history tab would be cool too.</li><li>The server browser font is too big. It was made even larger in a recent build, which means I can't see as many servers as I like (especially given that most of them are empty because I can't filter).</li><li>When I join a game from my friends list from outside NS2, it just drops me to the main menu. I only recently figured out that this worked from *inside* ns2, so it became less frustrating.</li></ul>

That's all I have about the server browser. Keep making awesome games (and creating new features, instead of balancing current ones that will surely break when new features are added).

Comments