Marine structure recycling only when Power Node is on

WolpertingerWolpertinger Join Date: 2011-12-24 Member: 138958Members
Power Nodes are a useless feature right now... Seriously... with Marines repairing them so fast, why even bother having them?

The only time I see Power Nodes attacked is either a noob thinking he does something useful, or a couple of Oni are destroying them in a final Marine base rush.

And one of the most annoying things in the game is when you are attacking a building and the Marine commander is recycling it. Even before attacking a Power Node was almost useless and it took some to repair it, the Marine commander still could just recycle structures, even if you destroyed a Power Node to, say, disable a Phase Gate.

Why would the Marine commander be able to recycle a structure without power? Give the Power Node some relevanz back by making it impossible to recycle when it is destroyed.

Comments

• RanakastraszRanakastrasz Join Date: 2012-02-26 Member: 147512Members
    With the current power system, I agree with disabling recycling when power is out.
    Also, Obviously recycling should not be cancelable if it was attacked (more than a parasite) within the duration of the recyle, to avoid fake-out -ish recycling.
  • AnticeptAnticept Join Date: 2006-12-03 Member: 58875Members, Constellation
    edited March 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1917902:date=Mar 25 2012, 09:15 PM:name=Ranakastrasz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ranakastrasz @ Mar 25 2012, 09:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1917902"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->With the current power system, I agree with disabling recycling when power is out.
    Also, Obviously recycling should not be cancelable if it was attacked (more than a parasite) within the duration of the recyle, to avoid fake-out -ish recycling.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Fake out recycling is fine. Remember: they don't collect resources while in recycle mode. What would be better (some people tell me this already happens, I keep forgetting to check) is recycle payback based on health.
  • RanakastraszRanakastrasz Join Date: 2012-02-26 Member: 147512Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1917975:date=Mar 26 2012, 02:33 AM:name=Anticept)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anticept @ Mar 26 2012, 02:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1917975"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Fake out recycling is fine. Remember: they don't collect resources while in recycle mode. What would be better (some people tell me this already happens, I keep forgetting to check) is recycle payback based on health.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Not really. If you decide to recycle, you should have to stay with your decision.
  • cH40z-LordcH40z-Lord Join Date: 2009-07-26 Member: 68269Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I had the same idea last night and it'd be more tactical for marines and aliens to protect the powernodes, as they'd cause more potential damage to the marines.
  • LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2012
    I destroy power nodes, because I bait them as well, I see people destroy nodes then ignore them or don't guard them for the marine repair, if you can successfully defend a destroyed power node, no marine is going to repair it back up. I think certain power nodes should be more strategically placed (some are just way too close to defend to an important rine structure) for aliens to take out, and making marines run further to defend them. I do enjoy the idea that a power node that is knocked out in the middle should cause surges between them (kind of how like a cyst chain works), and also the more damaged a power node is the less effective respawn times are, or structure effectiveness (such as armory reloading time)