How I feel about b200

rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
edited March 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<strike>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/Drakuu/cystspam.png</strike>
Cysts, cysts everywhere!
<i><!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->
Enough with the memes and image posts, this isn't an imageboard. --Zaggy<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></i>

Comments

• GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    QFT

Pres cyst spam into marine positions is out of control in b200.
  • eh?eh? Join Date: 2012-03-03 Member: 147997Members
    Hehe, yeah those were some actual competitive games and it did not only keep marines in base for far too long, but also delayed pushes pretty hard.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Solution = make cysts grow very very slowly in powered areas?
  • GadxGadx Join Date: 2003-03-22 Member: 14788Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    One time I cyst spammed all over a relocate to crushing, actually 2 players did.

Marines were mad.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Add a short build time, then perhaps increase the build range to compensate?
  • eh?eh? Join Date: 2012-03-03 Member: 147997Members
    Yea, other downside to pres cysting is you can dual-commander and double your cyst spam early game for the cost of what? An early lerk. Its the best strat against crushing relocates at the moment.
  • mechanicalDRmechanicalDR Join Date: 2012-03-20 Member: 149019Members
    edited March 2012
    How about cysts can't be put into the light?

Currently you cannot put the power down in your main hive. Your skulks are lit up like Christmas trees in your main hive while your freshly captured territory is probably the safest place for your main hive.

Perhaps have the power start down in all areas except the marine base and let marines build it without need a structure there. Because of this, power nodes should really have a cost attached to them and an easy way to automatically slap it down if you click to build it in an area. Cysts cost res, why not nodes? Building nodes will temporarily stop creep spread, aliens have a better chance at not dieng from a 2 person shotgun rush close positions.
    On that note, playing hunt for the randomly placed power node is no fun.

This could create additional problems, but I'd love to see how it plays out.
  • assbdaassbda Join Date: 2011-05-02 Member: 96737Members
    I reckon just make it so a cysts cant be placed in a powered room or in the same radius as another cysts, unless its a mini cysts.
    But who f**king cares? i mean im sure theyre working on something :/
  • Gravity GraveGravity Grave California Join Date: 2012-03-10 Member: 148556Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1915774:date=Mar 20 2012, 10:19 PM:name=mechanicalDR)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mechanicalDR @ Mar 20 2012, 10:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1915774"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How about cysts can't be put into the light?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I like this idea...

Also, why not just put a cooldown on the place cyst ability? Even 5 seconds would help.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    I'm sure you don't mind killing a few more cysts, if you know that it prevents the commander getting a lifeform? Right?
    If they change commander to put more cysts, then you will see less lifeforms, and your marine should be even more happy.
  • hamham Join Date: 2011-08-31 Member: 119370Members, Constellation
    edited March 2012
    <strike>size=7 center★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★</strike>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKsUMQF6tMg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKsUMQF6tMg</a>

<strike> size=7 cente ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★</strike>

<!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i>
    Enough with the memes and image posts, this isn't an imageboard. --Zaggy<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></i>
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited March 2012
    <a href="http://www.memecreator.net/futurama-fry/showimage.php/2286/not-sure-if-troll-or-just-needs-a-hug-.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.memecreator.net/futurama-fry/sh...eeds-a-hug-.jpg</a>
    Just kidding but i don't see any cyst spam... i see only
    <a href="http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6245/roteblitzkopie.jpg" target="_blank">http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6245/roteblitzkopie.jpg</a>

<!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i>
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's not a big problem on pubs right now, but some small tweaks could be made. The ideas with the light is neat. Bringing in a connection between power nodes and cysts. So lets try a summary:<ul><li>Cysts can be placed like it is now. But the creep will only expand if the power in this room is out.</li><li>If the power goes on in a room with existing cysts, the creep will stop expanding but will not shrink.</li><li>The alien start should be without power. The light should emit from the hive, cysts, buildings and emergency light. Making it bright enough to look nice, but not as bright as if the power is on.</li><li>The marine start should be powered on, like it is now.</li><li>All other rooms should be without power and in the emergency light state.</li></ul>
  • LV426-ColonistLV426-Colonist Space Jockey Join Date: 2011-08-05 Member: 114269Members, Constellation
    edited March 2012
    This needs to be addressed.

Cyst spamming has been quite the annoyance.
  • Ph0enixPh0enix Join Date: 2002-10-08 Member: 1462Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1915834:date=Mar 21 2012, 11:54 AM:name=_Necro_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (_Necro_ @ Mar 21 2012, 11:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1915834"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's not a big problem on pubs right now, but some small tweaks could be made. The ideas with the light is neat. Bringing in a connection between power nodes and cysts. So lets try a summary:<ul><li>Cysts can be placed like it is now. But the creep will only expand if the power in this room is out.</li><li>If the power goes on in a room with existing cysts, the creep will stop expanding but will not shrink.</li><li>The alien start should be without power. The light should emit from the hive, cysts, buildings and emergency light. Making it bright enough to look nice, but not as bright as if the power is on.</li><li>The marine start should be powered on, like it is now.</li><li>All other rooms should be without power and in the emergency light state.</li></ul><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

FWIW, +1.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1915689:date=Mar 20 2012, 06:30 PM:name=peregrinus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peregrinus @ Mar 20 2012, 06:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1915689"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Solution = make cysts grow very very slowly in powered areas?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i REALLY like this idea, further contributing to the light/dark mechanic and powergrid overall. infestation could have a hissing sound / fizzing effects under light!