best game ever

WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
i played a game on summit where marines started in atrium and the aliens started in flight control and got 2 hives. They killed the power in marine base while we were pushing sub, and then killed every single marine except me. The only thing left was a pair of phase gates from data core to ventilation, the 2 extractors there, an armory in vent, and an unbuilt CC in data. Killed the hive in sub and ran back from sub to data core with 10 health left, (full minute of no marines on the map, while the aliens destroyed the entire marine base), rebuilt the CC, hopped in, dropped 1 IP, hopped out, built it (we didn't have enough res for a 2nd ip). as soon as that happened i jumped in the chair again and built a 2nd ip, which meant we had 0 team res. We came back to win that game. LOL.

Comments

• PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Man that's awesome, even more so with no recycling involved :P
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    That's great. I too had some epic games recently. I've been playing a lot more now. I must have logged about 50 hours since Gorilla.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    That does sound amazing indeed, I've also started playing a lot recently though I'm having a hard time enjoying alien comm and gorge changes from NS 1. I really miss proper alien map control options. Looking forward to the upcoming patches as I'm sure the game will still get increasingly better.
  • [CanIGeta] Fade Hug[CanIGeta] Fade Hug Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147373Members
    NS2 is shaping up to be such a great game. Props to UWE, this is the most fun I ( and probably a lot of us) have had it a while! I played a little bit in the alpha, then came back at Beta build 197, and WOW!
    After reading this story, If it didnt have to work id jump in a server right now!!!!!!!!
  • Banzai¥Banzai¥ Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143902Members, NS2 Map Tester
    @OP Looks like you did a proper alien tactic, as I've played many games where aliens are completely destroyed early on but a single gorge alongside a last-drop hive on the map survives and the team manages to win.
  • MajinMajin Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16829Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1912743:date=Mar 13 2012, 10:23 PM:name=PsiWarp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PsiWarp @ Mar 13 2012, 10:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1912743"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Man that's awesome, even more so with no recycling involved :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thats why I hate it when teams give up and just gg as soon as they lose any major push.
    I have played lots of games where the OPs scenario happened to me. We fought hard but lost a base and were able to get a new CC up and come back and win.

Games that go back and forth are soo much more fun than a skulk rush that ends the game in the first 3 mins.
  • Gravity GraveGravity Grave California Join Date: 2012-03-10 Member: 148556Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1912959:date=Mar 14 2012, 12:13 PM:name=Majin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Majin @ Mar 14 2012, 12:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1912959"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thats why I hate it when teams give up and just gg as soon as they lose any major push.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Totally agree. I was playing the other night as aliens, and we lost our second hive. Our comm basically gave up, and everyone was screwing around in an uncoordinated fashion. I, as a single skulk with no upgrades, ran into their main (Atrium) and found a sweet spot munching on the power node where turrets couldn't hit me. I took the power down, then chomped the CC. Commander popped out and I killed him. After finishing the CC I ran down to Data Core where their only other CC was (no IPs) and started destroying it.

By this time, the entire marine squad was at our main hive, roasting it with flamethrowers. I got the CC down to literally 20% when they killed our hive and we lost. So epic!! If only our team hadn't given up, and had coordinated more! One other skulk by my side at the end would have won us the game.
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sad aliens, they attack the already unpowered mainbase instead of figuring out why the game hasnt ended yet and then even lose the game...

lol.