customization?

Classic319Classic319 Join Date: 2010-11-06 Member: 74789Members
edited March 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">i think it's time to mention about it.</div>I remember there was some mention of 'full customization' on this game, which i haven't cared till now, but i think it's already time to discuss about it as the basic contents and plans of the game are almost done.

Of course, i know there are some MODs that can be created by all by using Spark Tool, but i mean, the customization, which most of modern(?) games have. Some different player models and some different characters, voices, skins..., especially for marines(for example: female marine, black armor of NS2, and black marine of NS1, etc) which are all independent from server-side-mode, but all individual and private.

And even some personal profile and stats(I actually hate those personal records, it ruins game, especially FPS games that need teamplay, sometimes as it makes most of matches so competitive and cause rage quits, and some unbalanced team rather than just enjoying game, BUT i think that's necessary as most of recent games provide personal stats), personal LITTLE character customization, something like silly hat or flower on the player model which won't gonna disturb gameplay at all, but would entertain all the players at least a little.

I assure those things will be implemented, but i just write this and ask you in order to get right answer from dev team.

Thanks

Comments

• saltybp53saltybp53 Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72675Members
    Gorge will get a firemans hat.
  • autograderautograder Join Date: 2011-06-24 Member: 106181Members
    Buying a welder should give you a medic (+) arm band.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2012
    To respond to your sub-title. "i think it's time to mention about it." It has been asked/proposed many times before. The most you're going to see is black armor, female marine and perhaps a black marine. Other then that, no dice.

Hats... They have no place in NS2...
  • XosteanXostean Join Date: 2012-02-17 Member: 146370Members
    Customization is the LAST thing UWE needs to be dealing with at the moment.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1912577:date=Mar 13 2012, 03:38 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Mar 13 2012, 03:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1912577"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->To respond to your sub-title. "i think it's time to mention about it." It has been asked/proposed many times before. The most you're going to see is black armor, female marine and perhaps a black marine. Other then that, no dice.

Hats... They have no place in NS2...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Judas! No game is complete without hats! ;)
  • krakadictkrakadict Join Date: 2012-03-10 Member: 148539Members
    i think customization is good but should be on the bottom of their to-do list or even after the game is out

<!--quoteo(post=1912577:date=Mar 13 2012, 02:38 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Mar 13 2012, 02:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1912577"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>Hats... They have no place in NS2</b>...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    helmets do.
  • MetalGarretMetalGarret Join Date: 2011-12-24 Member: 138953Members
    I like the idea of customization. Hats went too far (TOOOOOOOOOO far) in TF2. But I think stuff like marine color or armor look/style (IE Mass Effect) could be done well here. Perhaps even an overweight marine? ...maybe not. But I don't think customization should be completely left off the table in the respects I just mentioned.

Granted it is the least of their worries right now considering they haven't even put all the game features in yet and there are still only 3 maps to play. Summit, Tram and Mineshaft. I'm still waiting for Eclipse to make a comeback. RUSH TO CARGO!
  • Raven_XIRaven_XI Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12032Members, Constellation
    Custamizable purchases of armour + helmets + weapon models etc should be considered as long as they have no effect on game play. If TF2 has shown us anything, its that people will pay good money for stupid things. Selling these types of items is a huge cash cow.

However im not sure if the player base for NS2 will care as much about that kind of stuff.
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wow valve was able to corrupt people to the point of askin for hats in games where they don't belong.
    I think it would be an awful idea to do this, well beyond the female/black marine.
    If uwe does do this there should be an option to turn it off. /rant
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1912578:date=Mar 13 2012, 09:43 AM:name=Xostean)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xostean @ Mar 13 2012, 09:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1912578"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Customization is the LAST thing UWE needs to be dealing with at the moment.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

^ This
  • Banzai¥Banzai¥ Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143902Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1912737:date=Mar 13 2012, 09:13 PM:name=MetalGarret)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MetalGarret @ Mar 13 2012, 09:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1912737"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I like the idea of customization. Hats went too far (TOOOOOOOOOO far) in TF2. But I think stuff like marine color or armor look/style (IE Mass Effect) could be done well here. Perhaps even an overweight marine? ...maybe not. But I don't think customization should be completely left off the table in the respects I just mentioned.

Granted it is the least of their worries right now considering they haven't even put all the game features in yet and there are still only 3 maps to play. Summit, Tram and Mineshaft. I'm still waiting for Eclipse to make a comeback. RUSH TO CARGO!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Differentiating marines is a bit odd though, but a bit of variation should be fine (Considering they've already done it;) Though the inclusion of items makes me feel like it'll become a f2p or subscription based game... but that's probably just me.