Siege Cannon Not Working

SuicideDogSuicideDog Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 8104Members
I run a linux server with 1.03 installed and I have noticed on all the maps that sometimes it doesn't let the comm upgrade the turret factory to place a siege cannon. Now it nots all the time just sometimes.. I tested it out a couple of times and tried building a second turret factory and still no luck.. the only way to get it working again is to reload the map or change maps.. has anyone else ran into this problem? I think it only effect linux servers.

Comments

• cracker_jackmaccracker_jackmac Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6891Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    i too have had problems with that. But i haven't ever had to do that. With some clever clicking, some comms are able to restore their waypointing powers. I haven't had this problem in a while because i hate being comm.
  • Jett-AriesJett-Aries Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1800Members
    I have that problem from time to time. I just build another TF
  • death1death1 Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8920Members
    i never have problems when i upgrade the TF first, before placing any turrets

-d$
  • GoleXGoleX Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7681Members
    Flayra mentioned something about this being due to the Tfac or buildings being too close to usables... like buttons or doors. He also said it was fixed in next patch I believe.
  • GWBGWB Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8682Members
    It happens to me especially at South Loop and near Computer Core at eclipse. The trick to lessening the chance of this happening is building your tf far from the walls and from any other buildable (resource nozzle, other turrets, phase gate, and armory). It makes it so that if you click on the TF it will select another entity (like a turret or even a MARINE!).

GWB
  • HtNickoliHtNickoli Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9786Members
    I've seen it happen many times. Usually, if you look, you will see one turret stays higlighted and you can't remove the highlight. My quick fix. I get someone else to hop in the command chair for the 3 seconds it takes for them to upgrade fact to siege level. Then hop back in and countinue assault.

I've found a few glitches in command screen. The most annoying being the minimap never seems to reset. and you always have last rounds structures laid out in blue dots everywhere. Not really a pressing issue though, as I usually play one alien and one marines round per map. Gets borring playing the same team over and over.