Australian Members

scottyscotty Join Date: 2011-07-01 Member: 107400Members
Greetings All,

I'm trying to get some more Australian clans going (Only MR. and TOG currently), if your Australian and are interested in joining a clan / creating one.

Please post here so we can start forming clans.

Can only Australian members post.

Leave your in game name and your steam link.

Cheers,

-Scott.C

Comments

• ogzogz Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9765Members
    don't know about joining a clan but keep me informed of any aus run scrims happening :)
  • Delta1Delta1 Join Date: 2009-08-01 Member: 68326Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    maybe but i admit bf3 has stolen my soul for now, so il wait and see if theres an active interest
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2012
    You austrailians should try to get endar to provide a server for the <a href="http://www.ensl.org" target="_blank">ensl</a> gather system!
    That would potentially form some more clans(socializing on teamspeak) and bring more interest into competetive NS2.
    The past few weeks we had alot of gathers there, and they have been very succesful so far. Interesting games.
    Here is the link for the topic I made about this:
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=115706" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=115706</a>
    I try to announce in the thread when there is a gather going on, and also on the steamgroup called "Match Box NS2".
    We even had an austrailian player joining up one evening(CET) :)
  • scottyscotty Join Date: 2011-07-01 Member: 107400Members
    Yeah us Australians already do something similar. Though it's more private than public.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    Why not spread it?
    Your goal is to create more clans, what I said, is a very good way to go.
    Greetings Swalk,

This is due to me knowing nearly everyone in the Australian community, we have also come to an agreement that we would rather play against players with the same latency.

Australian pub is doing just fine, what we organise is competitive matches. Many of us just want average to good players involved. This doesn't mean we just have the same people again and again. We invite players from pub matches all the time (That play well).

This may not be to your liking, though the AUS NS2 community is supporting this every night.

Cheers,

-Scott.C
    It's not about my liking, it was about me trying to help the aus community grow :)
    Start advertising NS2 then. :)
    not that fine cidering im not on that list :(
  • silxsilx Join Date: 2012-01-12 Member: 140124Members
    interested in joining a clan for matches - add me on steam

tozsedgy@tpg.com.au
  • assbdaassbda Join Date: 2011-05-02 Member: 96737Members
    edited January 2012
    id be keen for it once the game comes out.
    ignore the profile, i do currently live in Australia.
  • GodofThunderGodofThunder Join Date: 2011-12-13 Member: 137815Members
    Well if you dont mind us NZ guys joining you then we will. (You need us cause were just that good and you know it)
    Though where do you guys have forums and what not? I want to troll.
    If you're interested in a game.

Hit me up on steam.

account name is scottazord
    edited January 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1893487:date=Jan 11 2012, 06:06 AM:name=scotty)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (scotty @ Jan 11 2012, 06:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1893487"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Start advertising NS2 then. :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That comment doesn't make much sense.
    I was trying to give you guys a helping hand in growing your competetive playerbase.
    And you tell me to advertise for the game? wtf?

To get your clan/competetive community to grow, you will need a service that's available for everyone to use.
    Not just people in your friends list.

Your problem with latency would not be a problem, as usually europeans and austrailians won't be playing at the same time.
    When it's evening for us, it's holy sh*t in the morning for you. :P
    It's just about getting an austrailian server in the system, and you should be able to grow your playerbase.

You just rejected a very good opportunity for the austrailian community.
    We had this service up since right before christmas.
    Had a few gathers before the holidays, and then the activity exploded after new years, and we now have gathers every day.
    I've seen one clan form from these gathers so far, and I do not expect it to be the last.
    Well currently there are 2-3 public Aussie servers usually going at anyone time which is good.
    <!--quoteo(post=1893937:date=Jan 12 2012, 09:54 PM:name=GodofThunder)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GodofThunder @ Jan 12 2012, 09:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1893937"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well currently there are 2-3 public Aussie servers usually going at anyone time which is good.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well, public servers are one thing, pickup games/gathers are usually more competetive.
  • Fluid CoreFluid Core Join Date: 2007-12-26 Member: 63260Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1893979:date=Jan 13 2012, 01:58 AM:name=swalk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swalk @ Jan 13 2012, 01:58 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1893979"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well, public servers are one thing, pickup games/gathers are usually more competetive.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree with swalk. I have always just been a pub player, in NS1 and other games. I got to try a gather and love it. It's on an entirely different level. Long time ago since I actually played a public game since then...
  • endarendar Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73256Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1893925:date=Jan 13 2012, 06:48 AM:name=swalk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swalk @ Jan 13 2012, 06:48 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1893925"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You just rejected a very good opportunity for the austrailian community.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That's a bit unfair!

I'd be more than happy to add a server to ENSL, i followed the gather thread from the beginning, but didn't believe there are enough players in Australia for it to work yet. I'll look into it tonight and see what happens.

Also a server in Australia practically useless to the rest of the world, just the same as a server in the EU or the USA is useless to an Australian.
    <!--quoteo(post=1894027:date=Jan 12 2012, 10:29 PM:name=endar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (endar @ Jan 12 2012, 10:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1894027"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also a server in Australia practically useless to the rest of the world, just the same as a server in the EU or the USA is useless to an Australian.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1

Playing on an American server is disgusting, though not as bad as an EU server.
  • duxdux Tea Lady Join Date: 2003-12-14 Member: 24371Members, NS2 Developer
    TSOTB

Team shrimp on the barbie.
    edited January 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1894027:date=Jan 13 2012, 05:29 AM:name=endar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (endar @ Jan 13 2012, 05:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1894027"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That's a bit unfair!

I'd be more than happy to add a server to ENSL, i followed the gather thread from the beginning, but didn't believe there are enough players in Australia for it to work yet. I'll look into it tonight and see what happens.

Also a server in Australia practically useless to the rest of the world, just the same as a server in the EU or the USA is useless to an Australian.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to be unfair in any way, but he did reject the possibilty of using ENSL.
    The thing is you just have to let people know where to go, if they want to play organized games.
    That will take quite a bit of work from someone who knows alot of players in austrailia. And you will need an AUS admin on ENSL.
    I already emailed NS2HD, to get the news about the gather system spread out wide to the community.
    Hopefully he makes a little video about it :)
    If you already have pickup games going on every now and then, you should be able to get some gathers going in your evenings.
    Yes the server would be kind of useless for us europeans, and the other way around, but that's not the point.
    The point is we rarely play at the same time, and therefore you will be able to vote an aus server in aus evenings, and we will have an eu server to vote on in eu evenings.
    I believe you could get this running, and get some amazing games, just like us.
    Hopefully some clans will merge from it as well :)
  • endarendar Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73256Members, Squad Five Blue
    I'm not familiar with ENSL, is it possible to segregate a gather, so theres no chance you'd end up on the wrong server (unless you specifically join it)?
    edited January 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1894128:date=Jan 13 2012, 02:15 PM:name=endar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (endar @ Jan 13 2012, 02:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1894128"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm not familiar with ENSL, is it possible to segregate a gather, so theres no chance you'd end up on the wrong server (unless you specifically join it)?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    When you join a gather, everyone have a chance to vote for the server.
    So you can see what server have been voted most, aus players can see if pure-aus is being voted the most.
    Which it most likely will be in your prime time, like eu server will be voted in eu primetime.
    So players will be aware of what server is to be played on by looking at the time of day, and the votes for the server.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    So back on topic.

I would like to create an aus clan that specializes in cloaked gorge rushes, mac attacks, mine carpets, great wall of armoury, and other cheese. Our clan tag will be <(^_^<)Elodeaisawesome but this may be given to change. Let me know if interested.

Our season goal is to beat Mr. and TOG in less than 1 minutes and never lose a game under 4 hours.
  • YuukiYuuki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75079Members
    I'm not Australian but I'm very interested by your clan. I'm an experienced whip rusher.
  • Visor1Visor1 Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140300Members
    I'd be interested in joining a clan

visor
    <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021808753" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021808753</a>
  • MrChadMrChad Melbourne, Australia Join Date: 2008-07-02 Member: 64536Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1894141:date=Jan 14 2012, 01:26 AM:name=elodea)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elodea @ Jan 14 2012, 01:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1894141"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So back on topic.

I would like to create an aus clan that specializes in cloaked gorge rushes, mac attacks, mine carpets, great wall of armoury, and other cheese. Our clan tag will be <(^_^<)Elodeaisawesome but this may be given to change. Let me know if interested.

Our season goal is to beat Mr. and TOG in less than 1 minutes and never lose a game under 4 hours.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Haha, sounds awesome :P
    <!--quoteo(post=1894141:date=Jan 13 2012, 10:26 AM:name=elodea)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elodea @ Jan 13 2012, 10:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1894141"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So back on topic.

Our season goal is to beat Mr. and TOG in less than 1 minutes and never lose a game under 4 hours.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=1895482:date=Jan 18 2012, 07:18 AM:name=MrChad)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MrChad @ Jan 18 2012, 07:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1895482"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Haha, sounds awesome :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Add in riflebutting fades and I'm in