Best way to protect yourself from a skulk rush?

ShottyShotty Join Date: 2012-01-14 Member: 140416Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Discuss tactics</div>What is the best way to protect yourself from a skulk rush.

for example let's say we have comm in Data Core on summit, how would you best protect against it early game?

Comments

• elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    build robotics, build one sentry covering IP's, recycle robotics, research mines.
  • marksmarks Join Date: 2008-07-28 Member: 64720Members
    edited January 2012
    Learn to aim.

edit: also, pressure and map control.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    In the first 3-4 mins Mines can be great. Also 2 Marines with SG that can aim protect a base against almost everything in the first 6min.
    Sentrys do a good job in mid to late game if they cover eachother.
    Also the GL can do a great job against a horde of Skulks.
    Or an early obs to scan a possible cloak skulk rush.

So there isn't a real counter to a skulk rush, it depends alot on the sytuation (where are my marines, do I have mines, SG researched etc.)
    And that is the meaning of a rush. Attack an unprepared enemy with a high DMG output, else it would be a schootingrange for Marines.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    All marines stay in spawn until sentries are up is pretty much the only way to defend the skulk rush, but that isn't a very reasonable game plan...
  • vizioNzvizioNz InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24595Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    edited January 2012
    AIM + Click Mouse1
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Mines.

Its only 10TRes to research and 10PRes/2 mines to buy. You can get them quick and then don't need 2-3 marines to loiter in the base. I'd say get 2-3 marines to buy them and sprinkle them liberally around the IP, CS, Armory, and powernode.