Current map version: build188
The map can be used as an example for most things ingame currently. I will keep it up to date, for when more things need to be added with the introduction of new NS2 builds. Which will reflect in the filename.
The first release is ns2_sample-build158, the build number will be the same as the latest release of NS2 (that is if new things have to be added to the map)
Iâ€™ve put everything in layers so it is easier to load and easier to navigate. So if you want to check something out, but it isnâ€™t visible. Make sure you have the layer set to visible.
For an up to date map content list have a look at ns2_sample on the Natural Selection 2 Mapping wiki
- 2010, December 07 - ns2_sample-build158 OBSOLETE!
- 2010, December 21 - ns2_sample-build160 OBSOLETE!
- Added a death_trigger, fog_controls, egg_starts
- Replaced the "Welcome to NS2 alpha" with the "Welcome to NS2 Beta" sign from ns2_tram
- Rebuilt the overviews
- Added a fan with shadow-casting lights at the bottom of the "pit of doom" as Wheeee suggested when testing the map. It also has an ambient_sound, The same one as the one in the ventilation
- Added the new overview.bat, which can be used for any map by dragging and dropping the level file onto the batchfile. You can thank fsfod for providing me with an example batchfile, I could modify to be used as a drag and drop overview batchfile.
- Changed the cast shadows setting of the beams at the glass window to true, now the spotlight outside the map can cast shadows into the room of those beams.
- Changed the commander alpha of the glass window at the central tech_point to 0, commanders could build on it.
- Changed the volume of the ambient_sounds from 0.5 to 1.0, they were barely audible
- Increased the range of the spot_light casting light into the central tech_point, the shadows are more visible now
- Moved the ReadMe text file into the map folder and now using this format "[mapname] [version]-ReadMe.txt"
- Removed the overview-ns2_sample-build160.bat
- 2011, May 04 - ns2_sample-build176 OBSOLETE!
- Added a CollisionGeometry at the center tech_point
- Added an Airwaypoint and a Groundwaypoint in Marine Start to their respective groups/layers, they were not in a group/layer
- Added more faces around the door, when open the doors were visible trough the walls
- Added CollisionGeometry (one face) underneath each tech_point, apparently the commander was unable to place buildings on them when it is a hole into nothingness
- Added the faces above the door and the faces in the "pit of doom" to CommanderInvisible group and layer
- Added the ventilation faces to the commander invisible group and changed the ventilation props commander alpha to 0
- Build version has been changed to match the latest NS2 build
- Changed the Alien team_location to Alien only (it was set to neutral, not that it caused an issue)
- Changed the ceiling texture angle of one of the vents from 90 to 0
- Fixed a "leak" inside the vent near the fan on the inside corner of the ventilation shaft
- Textured floors make sure you actually hear footsteps
- 2011, November 24 - ns2_sample-build188
- Removed a face at the door, which was basically a backface to the one faces inwards (visible from inside the map)
- Added two faces at the door so the wall looks uninterrupted from the commander perspective
- Recompiled the minimap, it was broken as of NS2 build 178. Apparently the minimap_extends needs to be a perfect square across the y-axis. Otherwise the object and location offset is wrong.
- Removed both team_location (no longer needed)
- Removed all egg_start (no longer needed)
- Removed all player_start (no longer needed)
- Left the airwaypoints, groundwaypoint and their respective layer and group. They are no longer needed though!
- Added the pathing setting entity, used for pathing mesh generation. It can be found in the South Techpoint room
- Removed two location entities and renamed all the others to not have the "alien" or "marine" name in them anymore
- Moved the two resource nodes from the central tech_point into the west and east expansion rooms
- Added a power_point in the former alien start room
- Added atmospherics to the light_spot down in the ventilation shaft in the West Techpoint room
- Added atmospherics to the light_spot in the vent
- Added a new light_spot and light prop, with atmospherics in Center Techpoint room
- Added two reverb entities to show how they are used in the West Techpoint room
- Added textures to the ceilings and walls (northern part has a yellow theme, the southern part has a blue theme), also to set them apart from the OcclusionGeometry mesh (which will use gray wall textures)
- Added the OcclusionGeomtry mesh
- Changed the depth of the fan pit, so you can see the atmospherics at work
Guardian of the "magic cookiejar"
Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly
Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue
102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting | Play the Latest Version of Booster Z-Frame
YouTube NS2 Playlists: Unusual Selection | NS2 Stuff | NS2PT | NS2 Tuts