Lerk Camera Mod

twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
edited November 2011 in Modding
<div class="IPBDescription">client-side mod</div>Here is a client mod for those Lerk fans who want to feel like a menacing flying alien.

The camera view rolls subtlety as you turn and swerve, but can be disabled with the command "lerk_view_tilt false".

Thanks to Yuuki and Brian Cronin for the original code that this mod is based on.

I apologize for the lack of video. You'll have to try it for yourself.

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?aqkmkiqa6ir4tib" target="_blank">Download: v0.2</a><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

Comments

• HackepeterHackepeter Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17107Members, Constellation
    edited November 2011
    Nice mod! It's very subtle so I guess no one can complain about flight sickness. Your effect or something like that should be in the game!

EDIT: I just tried it public, but seems like lovely client prediction is causing some jerking while the view is tilted :/
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1883977:date=Nov 6 2011, 11:00 AM:name=Hackepeter)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hackepeter @ Nov 6 2011, 11:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1883977"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Nice mod! It's very subtle so I guess no one can complain about flight sickness. Your effect or something like that should be in the game!

EDIT: I just tried it public, but seems like lovely client prediction is causing some jerking while the view is tilted :/<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Really? I guess I rushed it too quickly to test it properly. Sorry!
  • BarerRudeROCBarerRudeROC Join Date: 2010-10-01 Member: 74264Members
    Just hopped in game to try it and I have to say it's amazing. Loving the immersion and excitement it brings.
    Should really be put into the game imo.
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Does this work this 189? Would love to know thanks in advance.
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    People actually use this mod?

I'm highly doubtful it works in 189 with its plethora of changes. I'll have a try at updating it for build 189.