Scanning let fades be shown in etheral.

Classic319Classic319 Join Date: 2010-11-06 Member: 74789Members
edited October 2011 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">To track and kill</div>+ Fades going ethereal in the presence of radar become visible to marines!

Of course, now fades cannot be seen, tracked damaged or killed when blinking, in etheral.

But why don't let commander disable it? By scanning.

Fades still can move really fast by MOUSE2, but when got scanned the can be tracked and get damaged by marines. Just like NS1.

This will bring a lot better plays for both sides. Especially commander between marine players.

Comments

• sumguy720sumguy720 Join Date: 2011-02-09 Member: 81101Members
    I like the idea if maybe it were restated as:
    Fades going ethereal in the presence of radar become visible to marines. No other changes.
  • Classic319Classic319 Join Date: 2010-11-06 Member: 74789Members
    edited October 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1881448:date=Oct 24 2011, 03:55 AM:name=sumguy720)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sumguy720 @ Oct 24 2011, 03:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881448"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I like the idea if maybe it were restated as:
    Fades going ethereal in the presence of radar become visible to marines. No other changes.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then i'm gonna put this in topic :) danke
  • Heroman117Heroman117 Join Date: 2010-07-28 Member: 73268Members
    edited October 2011
    Game play-wise, I wouldn't want it to make the fade vulnerable to damage, only visible, and it would only be partially, you wouldn't see the ordinary model, maybe just the outline, or some other kind of apparition.

Logically speaking, the idea behind the new blink is that the fade actually enters a parallel dimension, hence why it cannot take damage or be seen. It wouldn't necessarily make logical sense that a scan would reveal the position of an object in another dimension. The fade can see the surroundings while in blink mode, so its physical body would not be present, but its form of conscience would remain in the area being scanned, hence why a scanned fade blinking would only show an apparition, not the actual physical body of the fade.
  • WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited October 2011
    Great Idea. I like it a lot. If the Commander is on the ball and lays down a scan seems only fair. The fade can run off to the other side of the map quickly enough anyway.

I totally agree he shouldn't take damage while in blink from gun fire. +1
    The model should look different if scanned and in blink,so you know not to fire as its a waste of bullets. +1

Might be interesting if an ARC could hit him while blinking and scanned though, The ARC's take a while to build a charge before firing and a fade can hear ARC's charging and can quickly move out of it's range very easily.

If hit by an ARC it would force the fade out of blink and effect the fade from being able to re-enter blink for a small time duration rather than taking Health Points.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2011
    You can already see them on the map even though they are blinking afaik.
    And you know, you can also already see the fade while they are blinking? :P
    It seems like a miniatyre model of the fade, someone also posted a screenshot/video where you can see it. Somewhere on the forums.
    I don't like that very much though, because it looks wierd.
    I'd rather have some particle effect, like the one that comes when fades enter/exit blink, to be trailing the fade.
    And then make the future railguns hurt fades while they blink.
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    I like the idea of all blinking a fades does in an area being scanned as fully exposing it. +1
  • RaikoificationRaikoification Join Date: 2011-10-13 Member: 127076Members
  • CannonFodder100CannonFodder100 Join Date: 2011-09-14 Member: 121355Members
    edited November 2011
    For the model of the blinking fade, it wouldn't at all have to resemble it; have a neat looking, obvious shape flying with a short trail behind it.

Edit: K, I was gonna include a picture but this board rejected my every try and then blew up my last attempt a thousand fold.