Help me give away extra NS2 keys

kormendikormendi Join Date: 2003-05-26 Member: 16726Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
edited November 2010 in NS2 E-Team
I've got some extra keys, but I'm not motivated enough to figure out how to distribute them.

If someone wants to do the grunt work on organizing some sort of contest, I'll provide 3 keys as a prize.

Ideally the contest would involve promotion of NS2. For example, most viewed NS2 gameplay video.

Comments

• thecowsaysmoothecowsaysmoo Join Date: 2008-02-02 Member: 63557Members
    This is a good idea, just coming up with an idea for a contest, that promotes NS2 but also gives away free stuff is kind of challenging. The only thing I can think of is having like a "Media" challenge. Whoever creates the best, youtube video, or maybe someoen writes a funny "Ns Theme Song" or maybe just some really good fan-art challenge or something, maybe someone makes a cool "Gorge wallpapper" and the top 3 get key's voted on by the ns community????
  • princessprincess Yaaar! Bristol Join Date: 2004-09-11 Member: 31605Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    If you want to hook in players new to the world of NS, perhaps something a bit simpler than NS-themed contest? Otherwise you might be giving away a key to someone who is fully aware of the game(s), has played NS and/or is likely to buy it themselves anyway? Don't get me wrong, an NS-themed contest would be great, but it depends if you want to entice some completely new people to the scene and promote NS2 to those who don't know much about it. I don't have any practical answers to your question anyway so ignore me!!
  • SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    Just a thought on this.

I am working on a stadium mod for trackmania and already have several skinned vehicles for it. I will be running a contest for a key i have when NS2 hits open beta (don't want to scare anyone off with bugs). I will host a 20 slot server with local records running the top 10 tracks from my other trackmania servers using the ns2 stadium mod i am building along with the custom signs to help promote ns2. The deal is that the top 10 record holders will be narrowed down in heats until there is only one left but would be cool if you wanted to run a second match for your key. I will host to your rules if your interested.

Look here--> <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=111407" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=111407</a> to get a better idea of what the vehicles and mod will look like for the match.
  • Deagle2Deagle2 Join Date: 2010-11-30 Member: 75360Members
    How come you have extra ns2 keys? Wel, if the contest is possible for me, I shall participate =)
  • thecowsaysmoothecowsaysmoo Join Date: 2008-02-02 Member: 63557Members
    OP DO YOU STILL HAVE THE KEYS?!?!?!?!?!? here is my idea.

you have 3 keys, so go to, 3 different"gamer" forums. Such as IGN, Teamliquid, Something awful, indiedb, whatever you think the 3 most popular are. Make a post saying free Key for the holidays or something. But the large part of the post will be links to ns2, and talking about how cool ns2 is, cople ns2 videos etc etc, and then each person who wants to enter to get the free key, has to write a short poem, or haiku, or just a reason why they deserve the key, and then you can pick one from each board.

It brigns in attention and makes people excited for ns2!!!!!!!!!
  • VicVic Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75106Members
    I'd suggest giving them to Youtube gaming casters with a large audience (e.g. Seananners, davidr64yt etc)
  • ThorodonThorodon Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75851Members
    I really wanna play ns2 may i please have a key?
  • kormendikormendi Join Date: 2003-05-26 Member: 16726Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1818473:date=Dec 22 2010, 02:28 PM:name=Thorodon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thorodon @ Dec 22 2010, 02:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1818473"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I really wanna play ns2 may i please have a key?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Do something to promote NS2 and post evidence here and I'll judge if it is worthy of a key.
  • PaiSandPaiSand Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33487Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1817832:date=Dec 21 2010, 03:02 PM:name=Vic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vic @ Dec 21 2010, 03:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1817832"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'd suggest giving them to Youtube gaming casters with a large audience (e.g. Seananners, davidr64yt etc)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This.
    I think is a good way to attract many players, specially does that like to play and have fun, not only compete.
  • ThorodonThorodon Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75851Members
    Hi Kormendi, Ive told all my friends about natural selection 2 and brother and they have bought it. Ive also been telling people about ns on counterstrike and other games. I really wanna play ns2 If you have an extra key you'd be willing to give away may i please have it?
  • Raven_XIRaven_XI Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12032Members, Constellation
    Look, Thorodon, I saw your other post demanding someone give you a key. Its $35, if you want to play it that bad you would find a way to get your hands on that sort of cash. These guys need all the money they can get.

And just to rub it in your face, I own 3 copies of NS2, all of which I PAID for. And no, I am not going to give them to you.
  • louis cardinallouis cardinal Join Date: 2010-12-14 Member: 75664Members
    i had to steal my dads credit card because i had no cash at that time in my paypal and neither in my bank, hes going to kill me later.

just BUY IT FFS
  • WizardHUNWizardHUN Join Date: 2011-10-23 Member: 128903Members
    Well, im planning to promote NS2 in Hungary (atm no website or anything) but I'd need a beta key to start playing by myself. I wrote email-pm to Flayra but dunno if I'll get an answer. So if you have 1 spare key and you'd like to help promote NS2, pass it to me:) Thanks.
    Wizard
    League of Legends Hungary
    DOTA2 Hungary
    Vindictus Hungary
  • BarerRudeROCBarerRudeROC Join Date: 2010-10-01 Member: 74264Members
    edited October 2011
    Why not go to www.steamgifts.com?
    Put it up for a giveaway.
    Put videos into the description.
    It'll draw immense publicity there.

If you want to let me, I'll do it.
    I've already given away several copies of NS2 to my friends since the christmas giveaway.
  • SkymanderXSkymanderX Green Marine - The Few, The Proud, The Green. Join Date: 2011-07-29 Member: 113006Members
    i'd say give them to sea nanners / sxe phil someone who will play them and talk about it.
  • RaikoificationRaikoification Join Date: 2011-10-13 Member: 127076Members
    would freaking love a copy....

just sayin...
  • Egad!Egad! Join Date: 2011-10-19 Member: 128250Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1881514:date=Oct 23 2011, 09:01 PM:name=SkymanderX)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SkymanderX @ Oct 23 2011, 09:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881514"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i'd say give them to sea nanners / sxe phil someone who will play them and talk about it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Great idea, but not for the beta. Its best to make an exceptional first impression on those who aren't regulars in the gaming industry. Otherwise, they might think the beta was a demo, and give a bad review of the game. Best to wait until release to let those people get a copy of the game.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I do like this "2010" idea, but I'm concerned the game is not quite up to par for the "BIG public's eyes" so to speak! Also John Bain AKA totalbiscuit, would be a better choice. His vids are more professional vs simple let's plays. But, again the game needs more polish and shine before it will get past his cynical brain in one piece :P
  • ZurikiZuriki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75105Members
    Just throwing this out there, do something on the TIG Source forums (The Independent Gaming Source Forums). Since NS2 is an independently developed game, it suits the audience. Just need to think of what kind of give-away you want to do. The idea with drawing in support is to keep it in the public eye for as long as reasonably possible even if you only have like 5 keys, the longer it's active the more attention it'll get.
  • konatakonata Join Date: 2011-08-24 Member: 118296Members
    Why not just give it to friends.