Flamers crash the server.

WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
Hey, anytime I've seen someone use a flamer in build 186 the server tickrate has dropped to 5 and then server has crashed.

Here's a screenshot of console:

<a href="http://i.imgur.com/zJ9hu.jpg" target="_blank">http://i.imgur.com/zJ9hu.jpg</a>

Comments

• FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ok but I was in the same game (Marines) when this happened but I didn't get any error in the Console but I can confirm, but only for 1 game, that when a Rine uses the Flamer the Server seems to get trouble.
    Did you guys have already tested it again on the Server if the Flamer causes some problems?
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    So weird we didn't see this in any playtests. We're on it.

Any other repro steps would be awesome.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    Important sidenode: Beacon is broken, marines don't teleport (beacon text also still persists) don't have repro steps yet
  • A[L]CA[L]C Join Date: 2010-07-25 Member: 72801Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1878573:date=Oct 8 2011, 12:59 AM:name=swalk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swalk @ Oct 8 2011, 12:59 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1878573"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Important sidenode: Beacon is broken, marines don't teleport (beacon text also still persists) don't have repro steps yet<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    ? <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=115088" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=115088</a>
  • ShiloriusShilorius Join Date: 2011-01-14 Member: 77445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1878571:date=Oct 7 2011, 03:52 PM:name=Flayra)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flayra @ Oct 7 2011, 03:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1878571"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So weird we didn't see this in any playtests. We're on it.

Any other repro steps would be awesome.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Edit

We are currentely checking the flamer.
    On Ziegenfarm #1 adn #2 the server has this rubberbandung
    Just buy a flamer and fire it. All players will start rubberbanding.
    At this point you can neither drop the flamer nor change weapons.. it will rubberband back to the flamer, but joining the rr helps and the server runs smooth again.

But we tried on PUB.eu server after that, which has no Overmind installed.
    There was no rubberbanding while fireing the flamer.

we are currently installing OM on pub.eu's server and try it again.

Edit2: It didn't floot the console without overmind
  • ShiloriusShilorius Join Date: 2011-01-14 Member: 77445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <b>Okay! we've got it!</b>

Now with overmind installed the rubberbanding and lagging is back.

We deinstall the overmind and try it again to be absolutely sure
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    Well that's odd, GmOvermind does not interact in any way with weaponry of any kind. Do keep us\me posted about anything else you find out.
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2011
    Yeah no becon or flamethrower problems without overmind...

Shilo will go into details
    edited October 2011
    so we tested it!

it is defenetely overmind :-)

with overmind installed:
    - The server gets a problem if someone uses the flamer and the console gets floodet with errors
    - If the person who has the flamer types "kill" in the console, the person doesn't die and becomes invincible
    - beacon doesn't work

without overmind installed:
    - flamers work properly
    - beacon works without problems
    - typing kill in console while holding a flamer doesn't make you invincible.. you just die

Tested by pub.eu|Koruyo, pub.eu|Hackepeter and [HBZ] Shilorius
    :-)
    Well ###### (poop). Looks like UWE finally managed to break Overmind after many months. The new version is far from operational, so I'll pull the old one out of the freezer and see what I can do.
  • -[420]-Papageorgio-[420]-Papageorgio Join Date: 2011-09-23 Member: 122961Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1878594:date=Oct 7 2011, 08:29 PM:name=player)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (player @ Oct 7 2011, 08:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1878594"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well ###### (poop). Looks like UWE finally managed to break Overmind after many months. The new version is far from operational, so I'll pull the old one out of the freezer and see what I can do.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Awesome. Can you send over a link to the old version?
    Copy-paste from the feedback-thread:

I fixed it. It was a problem with something new they introduced in the sound-system that required

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><soundinfo>sound/NS2.soundinfo</soundinfo><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    to be present in the Game_Setup.xml. This isn't inherited from ns2's standard game_setup.xml, which was a problem for the now 6-month old Game_Setup.xml GmOvrmind uses. I've updated it, and you can fetch it <a href="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38570801/Game_Setup.xml" target="_blank">here</a>. Just overwrite GmOvrmind's standard Game_Setup.xml (in the root-directory, "NS2GmOvrmind/Game_Setup.xml") with this one, and the problems should go away. I've also updated the complete-package for people who are doing a fresh install, so they will get the new version by default. I've kept the version number at v10, as technically this isn't really a problem in GmOvrmind, and a recompilation was not required.