Walkthrough

FriekFriek Join Date: 2003-11-06 Member: 22343Members
Is there a video or a website that can help with the walkthrough of designing a map.
How to use the editor to make maps and such. I am a noob when it comes to it but i would love to try to make a few.

Comments

• LV426-ColonistLV426-Colonist Space Jockey Join Date: 2011-08-05 Member: 114269Members, Constellation
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Natural_Selection_2_Mapping" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/inde...ction_2_Mapping</a>
  • JonacrabJonacrab Join Date: 2003-08-02 Member: 18705Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    Just a warning, If you intend to finish a map, you can expect a development time of at least 3-4 months, if not the good part of a year to complete a map. Its seriouz bizness.

Good luck! :P

It can be a rewarding thing to finish a map, but if you ever go through the mapping threads youll find out that even people that spent alot of time developing a map, and have alot to show for it, can end up dead stopping in the middle, which is a shame, so I just wouldnt recommend it from a "hobby" approach, but if you stick to it, it can be satisfying.

Also, if you do decide to go through with it, no tutorial will prepare you for everything, and theres alot of techniques to learn to be a good mapper, so if you have questions, I would post them in the mapping section. There are also bugs within spark right now, but in most cases there are workarounds.
  • FriekFriek Join Date: 2003-11-06 Member: 22343Members
    I expect it to take long and even longer for me because i can not draw a picture worth a damn and at the same time i am a perfectionist. This game is in need of some new maps though and i am an original NS1 player from day 1 and plan on being here for quite some time with NS2. I am not worried with the amount of time it takes im worried about if ill be able to understand the editor and use it with ease.