Confederacy coming back

FriekFriek Join Date: 2003-11-06 Member: 22343Members
Hey all been playing NS since day 1 when it first came out and started 1 of the founding clans back then called Confederacy Co*. We were a great squad of people that gave even the best of teams great battles and we had great times and many victories. Even though the NS2 movement system is different than that of NS1 and i see a lot of vets complaining (Still love u MeB) I see this as a new beginning for NS and something that is needed after combat maps destroyed NS1 imho.

On that note I'm proud to announce Confederacy will be coming back.
We will not have the same people unfortunately most of them do not still play on Steam as far as i can tell, but we will have the same attitude.
I'm looking for late night Pacific players to message me if they would be interested in joining.

And as always Strength, Pride and Discipline
Friek

Comments

• vizioNzvizioNz InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24595Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    Another team to scrim with, yay!
  • FriekFriek Join Date: 2003-11-06 Member: 22343Members
    The more the better :)
  • vizioNzvizioNz InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24595Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1872786:date=Sep 2 2011, 06:15 PM:name=Friek)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Friek @ Sep 2 2011, 06:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1872786"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The more the better :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'm glad you accepted the curret mechanics and still brought some old flavor to the scene. I wish more old teams would come back :(
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I guess I should say, wb Co. We should get cri up in here. where's criogenics and forlorn when you need them.
    Actually was in a server with [ReD]Fuze yesterday im sure u all remember redemption and he told me he is trying to get everyone back together as well
  • XeerOXeerO Join Date: 2005-01-08 Member: 33948Members
    I just bought a new computer so ill be trying out ns2 fairly soon
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Do you mean [ReD]Flex? (thought it was flex.. or something.. maybe it's fuze) But yeah i've seen him quite a while ago, he plays from time to time
    Yeah Flex sorry im at work and don't have NS readily available i suck with names :P
  • JonacrabJonacrab Join Date: 2003-08-02 Member: 18705Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    Who from confederacy will be coming back? I was on the Co farm team, Co2 (carbon dioxide :P) and I played for confederacy after the core group split up, and they moved a few of the farm team onto the squad. Just curious who is still around. I went by the name Tekk back then btw.
    I remember the name Tekk actually, Imma try to get homicide on and ViP if possible Nifty i havent seen in forever or supafreak. This is pretty much starting form scratch minus myself but i started it once and recruited all those guys off of pubs i will do it again
  • JonacrabJonacrab Join Date: 2003-08-02 Member: 18705Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    What name did you go by? Friek doesnt sound familiar... Niner? Phunktion?
  • meb3meb3 Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106078Members
    I'll stop complaining when the game is good

hopefully forlorn comes back so he can write a 5 page forum essay no one reads
    <!--quoteo(post=1872879:date=Sep 3 2011, 06:38 AM:name=meb3)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (meb3 @ Sep 3 2011, 06:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1872879"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hopefully forlorn comes back so he can write a 5 page forum essay no one reads<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I certainly hope so too meb, rofl... Ahh, good stuff.
    I was always Friek I was the original founder of Co i actually recruited niner he was 1 of mine and i think Homicide recruited Phunktion i remember him as well. When Co started Co2 i had given the leadership to Homicide (Austin) and he had taken over all i did was pop into Vent at that point to say hello and help if they needed a 6th man :P. I hope i can find Niner again he would be great to have with us again.

And Meb im sure the game will be good again, its not bad the way it is now it just needs some work, and is missing a lot of content still. Haha good old Forlorn i havent seen him in like 6 years or so. I hope this game does not create a combat map series, I hated those in NS1 thats what got me pissed off when 2.0 was released. I still played but not too long after that.
  • meb3meb3 Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106078Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1872945:date=Sep 3 2011, 02:33 PM:name=Friek)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Friek @ Sep 3 2011, 02:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1872945"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And Meb im sure the game will be good again, its not bad the way it is now it just needs some work, and is missing a lot of content still.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    don't drink the kool-aid. i'm not going to call Flayra a bad developer (he hit a home run with NS), but he is a guy who, for example, thought slow-on-hit was a good idea in NS2, and he seems to have a million other ideas he wants to take from other games and stuff into ns2, only adding to the massive pile of work in front of him and his team. half the content is still missing while the game has been in beta for at least 8 months, despite a dev once saying that, upon release of the alpha, it would be 'all downhill from here.'

yeah right

fact is, now, a year and a month after alpha was released, only ~60 players out of a potential pool of thousands are ever playing ns2 at one time. you might have forgotten how broken 1.04 was and how long the road to 2.0 felt, so i remain skeptical about NS2 and UWE. the only difference i see this time around is that people have paid for the game and expectations and hopes for a new and superior FPS game are higher than ever. if flayra does deliver, i will stop complaining and start bringing in those on standby waiting for the next best FPS game. until then, don't drink the kool-aid. come pug a good game of NS 3.2 with us. 3.2 is the best, most balanced, and most fun version of NS, and it should be the primary pillar upon which NS2 is built

ensl.org
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Nice!

If Confederacy would ever like to be cast, or you need a recruitment announcement, the NS2HD channel is at your service!
  • SpockSpock Join Date: 2003-03-14 Member: 14507Members