Evolve/Cloak

KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
edited August 2011 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Auto enable cloak during evolution</div>When I evolve, I get cloak and then while invisible evolve everything else so my egg is not seen.

Personally I think this is redundant. What do you guys think of having certain evolutionary abilities prioritized when evolving, and having their effects become active? Carapace, regeneration, cloak, these are all abilities I can see players evolving first so their respective abilities are in place when evolving. So the idea is, if I go cloak fade, my egg will first evolve cloak, and then enable it, and finish fading invisible.

Comments

• Smug_LobsterSmug_Lobster Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67903Members
    Gosh Kalabalana! Can't you post anything positive about the game!? You're such a downer. j/k tho it's a neat idea
  • Dragon-GuardDragon-Guard Join Date: 2011-07-25 Member: 112159Members
    sounds pretty nice, although i do like as marine to be able to prevent evolving if im quick, finding cloaked eggs would make that even harder (if they are even evolving where they shouldnt)

But i do like the idea from the alien point of view, so do want! :)

wished they would prioritize some other stuff as well, like shooting/running, takes forever if your trying to catch up to a teamate and have to shoot once you get there (apb had this first as well, really annoying for shotgunners, got recently fixed, shooting overwrites everything, so u just stop/cant run while shooting but atleast there is no delay) but thats offtopic.
  • ZurikiZuriki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75105Members
    Sometime I feel like a ###### idiot reading these threads, but it's like the only forum where I can't understand a word of anything anyone says. It's like there are these words that should mean something when put in order, but they just don't. They just don't make any sense.
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1869263:date=Aug 16 2011, 01:46 AM:name=Zuriki)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zuriki @ Aug 16 2011, 01:46 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1869263"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sometime I feel like a ###### idiot reading these threads, but it's like the only forum where I can't understand a word of anything anyone says. It's like there are these words that should mean something when put in order, but they just don't. They just don't make any sense.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you were referring to my idea, I meant, if you want to fade+cloak, that egg will not go invisible, so you could be shot and killed if seen. I believe it should become invisible in the process. (Currently you have to evolve cloak on it's own, and then evolve to fade after to have an invisible egg)
  • Smug_LobsterSmug_Lobster Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67903Members
    Lol Kalabalana, you have a unique way of explaining some of your ideas :P
    <!--quoteo(post=1869499:date=Aug 16 2011, 10:23 PM:name=Smug_Lobster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Smug_Lobster @ Aug 16 2011, 10:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1869499"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Lol Kalabalana, you have a unique way of explaining some of your ideas :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Indeed.
  • IactoIacto Join Date: 2010-11-23 Member: 75209Members
    It's a very precise way of explaining, I like it. I also don't like the idea however, you should get an upgrade once it's finished, not while you're researching it. Didn't think of the tactic though, say if you want to evolve a fade, skulk -> cloak -> fade and you'll be safe from the meanies with shotguns. Also allows for awesome type play evolving onos/gorge outside marine start etc :)
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1869620:date=Aug 17 2011, 03:03 PM:name=Iacto)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Iacto @ Aug 17 2011, 03:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1869620"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's a very precise way of explaining, I like it. I also don't like the idea however, you should get an upgrade once it's finished, not while you're researching it. Didn't think of the tactic though, say if you want to evolve a fade, skulk -> cloak -> fade and you'll be safe from the meanies with shotguns. Also allows for awesome type play evolving onos/gorge outside marine start etc :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

But it only takes two seconds to evolve an upgrade, there is no reason why you wouldn't want to evolve upgrades first if they benefit your egg other than the fiddly interface, so just automate it. You pick upgrades and a lifeform, the upgrades kick in just after you start evolving, then you finish evolving with all your upgrades in effect on the egg.
    <!--quoteo(post=1869634:date=Aug 17 2011, 11:15 AM:name=Chris0132)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris0132 @ Aug 17 2011, 11:15 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1869634"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->But it only takes two seconds to evolve an upgrade, there is no reason why you wouldn't want to evolve upgrades first if they benefit your egg other than the fiddly interface, so just automate it. You pick upgrades and a lifeform, the upgrades kick in just after you start evolving, then you finish evolving with all your upgrades in effect on the egg.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Exactly. If things stay the way they are, only players like me will be evolving with an invisible egg. All new players will be screwed subsequently. I'm all for skill making you a better player, but knowing to evolve cloak first is not skill, and personally I think everyone should be on an even playing field.