The Shift

subshadowsubshadow Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15710Members
Now we've got a rough draft of the shade, maybe it's time to think about the shift and it's upgrades. Ideas can never come too early!

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Abilities
Recall
Ability that lets players jump to nearest structure (or hive) under attack (cooldown of a few seconds)

Energize
Triggered ability that gives energy to nearby players and structures

Echo
Targeted ability that lets Commander move a structure or drifter elsewhere on the map (even a hive or harvester).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Recall: is a basic ability of the movement chamber, we can't fight without it.

Energize: Does this mean I can get the shift energize the hive? --> lots of energy --> lot's of infestation --> very fast expansion in the early game?

Echo: Not really sure what to think about it, does this mean you can teleport everything to everywhere? With this you can build small outposts (2 crags, a shade and some hydras) in alien start, and teleport them to the frontline. What gives me mixed feelings is the teleportation of hives.
It would be cool to teleport a hive away from danger. On the other hand: letting a hive grow in a secure location and then teleport it to the marine expansion is really overpowered.

Upgrades:
Adrenaline: gives faster energy-regeneration
Celerity: Boosts maximum speed
Silence: Mutes all sounds the alien creates

Those are the ones from NS1, I can't say I want to live without one of those, but we need ideas for other upgrades.

Comments

• SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    im not sure about the passive abilities of the shift, but it might could be (to put it in line with the crag) that it increases energy regen for units in range. therefor, we would not need andrenaline, leaving you with celerity (the best choice I say). silence is somehow provided by the shade (passive ability) and by judging from the whip and crag i guess we will have 2 upgrades per chamber.

which leads me to 2 simple ideas for the shift upgrades (posted them already somewhere else):
    <!--coloro:#F5DEB3--><span style="color:#F5DEB3"><!--/coloro-->"speed upgrade (celerity)"
    "slow on hit (dependent on distance to target)"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

maybe those are not the best ideas :)
  • IactoIacto Join Date: 2010-11-23 Member: 75209Members
    Isn't there going to be an upgrade on the shift that adds passive regen everywhere, not just on croach?
  • subshadowsubshadow Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15710Members
    Health/armor regen? That would be on the crag
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1868332:date=Aug 11 2011, 05:54 AM:name=subshadow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (subshadow @ Aug 11 2011, 05:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1868332"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Health/armor regen? That would be on the crag<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i wrote energy regen for the shift