Incorrect Network Protocol

Boxer`DBoxer`D Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112532Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Can't get build 182</div>Hey everyone,

Could use some of your ingenuity as I have a problem. I've been getting a short list of empty servers for the last couple days, or when i join through friends to a populated server I receive a "Incorrect Network Protocol".

I've discovered that build 182 has come out and that has to be my problem since I'm still running on 181. My steam doesn't recognize it needs an update tho and says it's ready to play.

So is there a download-able build 182 I can manually install? Or any ideas for my steam. Thanks for your help!!

Boxer`D

Comments

• QuelTosQuelTos Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16313Members, Constellation
    You could try to use another mirror. View -> Settings -> Downloads + Cloud -> Download Region
  • Boxer`DBoxer`D Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112532Members
    Thank you for your input!

I just happened to figure out on my own, if anyone is experiencing this problem too the way i fixed it was.

Right click NS properties on steam games folder > local files > verify integrity of game cache files.
    It will realize after the check that somethings not up to code and update the game ^^.

Cheers
  • CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Members, Constellation
    Incorrect protocol means you are running on a different version of the game. It usually happens when for some reason Steam doesn't realise there has been an update. Forcing it to look for updates via the above steps is the solution.