GL Damage bug

QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
If you are a marine and hit something with the grenade and you have line of site to the target, you will take damage from the grenade you launched, even if it is at the maximum distance away. Makes it very hard to use the grenade launcher without blowing yourself up. If you break LOS and take cover before it blows up, you won't take damage.

Comments

• CerebralCerebral Join Date: 2003-06-25 Member: 17689Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1863765:date=Jul 26 2011, 10:16 PM:name=Quovatis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quovatis @ Jul 26 2011, 10:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1863765"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you are a marine and hit something with the grenade and you have line of site to the target, you will take damage from the grenade you launched, even if it is at the maximum distance away. Makes it very hard to use the grenade launcher without blowing yourself up. If you break LOS and take cover before it blows up, you won't take damage.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I noticed this as well. Super frustrating. :-/
  • Heroman117Heroman117 Join Date: 2010-07-28 Member: 73268Members
    Really annoying since you'd see the grenade clearly travel a safe distance away, then you'd take nearly a full on his as if you were standing over it when it detonated.
  • autograderautograder Join Date: 2011-06-24 Member: 106181Members
  • TrCTrC Join Date: 2008-11-30 Member: 65612Members
    Think it as if you were dodging invisible nano-scrapnels, immersion boost!
  • YuukiYuuki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75079Members
    edited July 2011
    I shot a grenade right in a skulk face yesterday, I was expecting him to explode, but he still killed me ! But in general i like the new gl.
  • IgelIgel Join Date: 2011-05-06 Member: 97403Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I like the new one too!

It is a nerfed Version of the NS1 "Spammer" GL, and thats ok.
    You got a chance to defend yourself with the machinegun... not like in NS1 where you couldnt do anything cause the reload takes extrem long time.
    The damage is ok, but the bug really sucks hard because u kill urself with 2 nades if u are in line of sight of the grenade.

I hope they can fix this bug in the next release (it also sucks for aliens).
  • LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    edited July 2011
    We noticed this in a playtest last night. Turned out a bit more complicated then LOS. If you shoot a grenade and hold backpedal while doing so, regardless of how far away the grenade explodes you will take heavy damage. Also if you shoot a grenade then quickly look 90* to the right you will again experience major damage. I think we missed submitting this report so I'll handle it right now. Thanks Quovatis!