Gorge ideas.

PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
edited July 2011 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Upgrades and Changes.</div>I just thought of a couple of ideas that I wanted to share with your guys. Feel free to comment.

<b><u>Gorge Changes:</u></b>

<b>Speed up Gestatation</b>
I have always wanted to be able to speed up someone gestation so they evolve quicker.

<b>More PRes income after ~3 minutes</b>
I would like to get some PRes when I go gorge so what if you could get an increased PRes rate when you do go gorge. You will have to go gorge for ~3 minutes in order to get this bonus. If you die or change form you have 1 minute to change back in order to keep this bonus (You don't get increased PRes if you are other forms in this 1 minute timer).

I will be adding more soon :D

Comments

• PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    edited July 2011
    Interesting idea on the gestation speed up, not sure if balanced for Fade and Onos though... player eggs should also be easier to identify for Gorges then?

<b>Let Gorge climb Cyst/Mini Cyst tendrils</b>

I know it'll be a while until Cyst tendrils are implemented, but if they can act as ladders for Gorges to climb up, Gorges can get to high places with Comm. help or they themselves make Mini Cysts as they climb :D
  • WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Gorge should get Hive energy overflow.

If a hives energy maxs out at 200. due to not be used or no com. Any energy produced from that point on should overflow into a personal energy storage for the gorge to spend out in the field.

Gorge could spend it on more cysts or if adreniline is in the red it converts to adreniline for more heal sprays or bile bombs.
    *Battle Gorge Fully Charged*
  • UzrbitalUzrbital Join Date: 2011-07-04 Member: 107858Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1860587:date=Jul 14 2011, 05:09 AM:name=WorthyRival)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WorthyRival @ Jul 14 2011, 05:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1860587"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Gorge should get Hive energy overflow.

If a hives energy maxs out at 200. due to not be used or no com. Any energy produced from that point on should overflow into a personal energy storage for the gorge to spend out in the field.

Gorge could spend it on more cysts or if adreniline is in the red it converts to adreniline for more heal sprays or bile bombs.
    *Battle Gorge Fully Charged*<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    ^ This. And if there is no energy for the gorge, it should use PRes like always.
  • Taxen0Taxen0 Join Date: 2010-07-30 Member: 73357Members
    Excess energy could go into the harvesters where all aliens can recharge their energy by pressing E, and possibly overcharge like 50% (with a drain while above 100%)
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    I'm sure they have considered Gorge being able to climb walls but I think the thing that puts them off the most if the fact that the Gorge is fat and would look stupid if he climbs walls.
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    i want them to raise the upper mouth of the gorge, it feels like i'm inside mini-bunker every time I play the gorge. Lets not forget you constantly have to look up or around because gorge mouth blocks a lot on your screen.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1860676:date=Jul 14 2011, 11:29 AM:name=Papayas)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Papayas @ Jul 14 2011, 11:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1860676"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm sure they have considered Gorge being able to climb walls but I think the thing that puts them off the most if the fact that the Gorge is fat and would look stupid if he climbs walls.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No more silly than Gorge climbing ladders, any large man can do it :P

Just need to make the thickness of the tendrils relative to a Gorge's size, haha.
  • ryknow69ryknow69 Join Date: 2008-03-24 Member: 63952Members
    And make it look like he's steppin on them to do it
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I would love to see Gorges being able to place its creations on the ceilings.

Land mine traps are too cliched. Time for some ceiling traps that rain death onto Marines!
    Ceiling hydras ftw
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    edited July 2011
    I have always thought of hydras being able to attack more than one marine at once.

I mean, they do have THREE heads so that means THREE targets!

That would make then much better and act as a proper defence rather than a speed bump.
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited July 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1861259:date=Jul 17 2011, 01:42 PM:name=ryknow69)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ryknow69 @ Jul 17 2011, 01:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1861259"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ceiling hydras ftw<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I was thinking of taking the terror to a new height, something on the level of Banelings dropping down from the ceiling.

+1 on scatter guns for Hydras.
  • SomeMiceDrinkingTeaSomeMiceDrinkingTea Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103818Members
    edited July 2011
    The Gorge could booby-trap dropped marine weapons with fleshy organic mines similar to cysts, only smaller and concealed inside the weapon. So when a marine spots his shotgun he lost earlier, there could be a chance that when he picks it up, he could be either momentarily paralyzed (very slow movement), blinded or injured by the mine going off and covering him in corrosive acid ( or all three >:) ). He could then be highlighted to other aliens to let them know that he is temporarily vulnerable. Or the Gorge could eat dropped weapons for a little bit of personal res.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->... the Gorge could eat dropped weapons for a little bit of personal res...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

this, i like it :) dont know how to justify fiction wise, but it would add something to the game. its
    already to some degree part of the game, that aliens guard dropped valueable weapons, for
    lureing marines to a trap or simply for the resource loss.

now if gorges, who are not very often at the frontline, could eat these gooddies, it would give
    them another reason, except of healing their mates, to be more aggressive (and you all know how risky it can be as gorge to be aggressive)

it also would fit to its character: big fatty likes to chew and swallow (unhealthy) stuff. cute! :P
    Eats the nanites and poops out nanite made cysts, makes sense

cause... it's nanites!
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    we can even justify a gain of resources when a gorge eats a weapon: they are made out of "resources!!"
    1 res for eating a weapon (lmg and any other), which would not screw balance i think, since rfk doesnt apply
    very well on gorges so they have a small compensation there
  • rushmonkeyrushmonkey Join Date: 2009-04-17 Member: 67215Members
    +1 billion to gorges eating dropped weapons, one of the best ideas i've seen for gorge in a while :>