Bug: Function List Incomplete

KuBaNKuBaN Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8979Members, Constellation
I've noticed quite a few times when searching for a function using the Project Explorer that some of the functions do not exist in their respective lists, although you can still open up the containing Lua file and manually find these functions.

For example, if you open up Player_Server.lua you will find a function AwardResForKill(), but searching for this function in the Project Explorer will yield no result. If you jump to Player.lua in the Project Explorer, there are no functions beneath it at all, yet there are clearly functions written in Player.lua

The culprit in both cases appears to be a commented quotation symbol (").

In Player.lua, line 69:
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Player.kViewOffsetHeight = Player.kYExtents * 2 - .28 // Eyes a bit below the top of the head. NS1 marine was 64" tall.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Removing the quotation symbol in this line and saving the file will cause Decoda to refresh, and... voila, the Project Explorer now correctly lists the functions within the file.

In Player_Server.lua, line 80:
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->// Strip out surrounding "s<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Removing the quotation symbol will reveal the remaining functions that were previously hidden to the Project Explorer.

It looks like whatever programming is called to generate the function list is getting caught up on the " that is never closed.

Comments

• MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Thanks for pinpointing the cause of this bug.
  • MaximilienMaximilien Join Date: 2011-02-25 Member: 83395Members
    I've not stumbled onto that one, but I've had several other similar issues where Decoda parses text ignoring the fact that it is inside comments.

Anyway, looking forward to the next release :-).