NS2HD German celebrity

_Thresh__Thresh_ Join Date: 2008-01-11 Member: 63385Members
lol 4000 views in germany on the lien atmos vid

gw again dude

<a href="http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1589&pk=15492" target="_blank">http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1589&pk=15492</a>

Comments

• ShiloriusShilorius Join Date: 2011-01-14 Member: 77445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just look at the amount of german/austrian members in this forum ;-)

Beside this the "Gamestar" is the best selling computergamingmagazine here afaik.
    ... and germany is one of the few countries in which are more computer-gamers than console-players (.....yet.)

I have to admit, without the gamestar I wouldn't have a beta key.
    (And yes, I played NS1 a lot, but I just didn't notice that there is an closed beta)

PS: sorry for my confusing english, but I guess you get, what I want to say ;)
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Cool find Thresh! I'm glad that vid has spread around a bit and is increasing knowledge of NS2.

But I'm not sure if I'm entirely happy about this - it looks like they have ripped my vid off YouTube, re-watermarked it and then posted it themselves. While it's not like I do NS2HD for praise or money, it's still sad when I can't measure my video's success or failure because people just rip them off. What really irks me is they are making money out of it. It makes no difference for them to embed the video from youtube instead of ripping it - they only rip it because they want to put ads on it.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Cool find Thresh! I'm glad that vid has spread around a bit and is increasing knowledge of NS2.

But I'm not sure if I'm entirely happy about this - it looks like they have ripped my vid off YouTube, re-watermarked it and then posted it themselves. While it's not like I do NS2HD for praise or money, it's still sad when I can't measure my video's success or failure because people just rip them off. What really irks me is they are making money out of it. It makes no difference for them to embed the video from youtube instead of ripping it - they only rip it because they want to put ads on it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You could put your youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/NaturalSelection2HD) on the intro screen, so at least they know exactly where it came from and where to go for more.
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1826883:date=Jan 25 2011, 12:43 PM:name=_Thresh_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (_Thresh_ @ Jan 25 2011, 12:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1826883"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->lol 4000 views in germany on the lien atmos vid

gw again dude<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    wrong ;)

1. Gamestar don't stand for whole Germany
    2. Germans watch english trailer too...why not we speak a little bit english
    3. Blah ^^
  • derWalterderWalter Join Date: 2008-10-29 Member: 65323Members
    edited January 2011
    I sent them an email to remind them of the copyright laws.
    if they didn't even ask, this is not only "not okay", it is simply illegal.

They are making money with NS2HDs Work, without any permission to do so.
  • 1mannARMEE1mannARMEE Join Date: 2008-09-23 Member: 65064Members
    As long as your company is big enough there is nothing illegal ... didn't you know that ?
  • rallphwaldorallphwaldo Join Date: 2011-02-24 Member: 83198Members
    The tweet the remaining day linking into NS2HD's videos was a superior act. I cerebrate there's enough proportionality there and its of the grade where a many firefighter and ineradicable attach to the tangible be placed on the principal situation, and any email outs pertain to the NS2HD impression in Youtube (i.e. Curb Command for updates and details). Both for advertising/awareness and teaching (a size of questions are forthcoming up ...
  • _Thresh__Thresh_ Join Date: 2008-01-11 Member: 63385Members
    equals moving parts
  • zone_Blackwolfzone_Blackwolf Join Date: 2004-06-20 Member: 29415Members
    <b>Unbounded Cheek!</b>
    Although, Natural-Selection 2 is an indie game and -as we all know- the developers can't easily effort a huge marketing campaign, so that we could be happy about spreading such material, I think this is pretty insolent, cheeky, ignorant - call it what you want.

I am the last one to impede the spreading of Natural-Selection 2 and finally its success, but in my opinion this is not acceptable. As Hugh pointed out, at the end of the day the make money out of it.

It may sound a bit narrow-minded, but as big gaming-magazine you can not just copy a youtube video of someone else who's talking about a game (+PLUS he is having the copyright on all his material) and THEN EVEN PUTTING THE OWN WATERMARK ON IT!!! - as it was the own video, made by their own journalists.

I don't allege GAMESTAR any bad thoughts or a fraudulent intent, and maybe this is even the correct way to do it. Maybe they are not allowed to post any videos without the watermark.. but in any case: THEY COULD MENTION NS2HD AND GIVE A FULL HYPERLINK TO NS2HD CHANNEL + MENTION HUGH (OR JUST THAT THIS IS A FAN WHO IS TALKING).

I am about to write a letter to the editor! But before that, I'll check the legal aspects.

cheers
  • senor_hybridosenor_hybrido Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67687Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1834713:date=Feb 24 2011, 04:12 PM:name=rallphwaldo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rallphwaldo @ Feb 24 2011, 04:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1834713"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The tweet the remaining day linking into NS2HD's videos was a superior act. I cerebrate there's enough proportionality there and its of the grade where a many firefighter and ineradicable attach to the tangible be placed on the principal situation, and any email outs pertain to the NS2HD impression in Youtube (i.e. Curb Command for updates and details). Both for advertising/awareness and teaching (a size of questions are forthcoming up ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Did you just use Google Translate for that? Please don't use it for entire paragraphs. D:
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
  • genoskillgenoskill Join Date: 2011-02-28 Member: 83946Members
    Some nice amount of money could be done with this? maybe?
  • mutaremutare Join Date: 2011-03-01 Member: 83977Members
    First of all, Gamestar's FLA-Player include automated this Watermark.
    Second, be proud of it that your videos are featured there!
    Third, if its such a problem to you. Write them a Mail!
  • trinity.nstrinity.ns Join Date: 2008-12-07 Member: 65688Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think they're re-uploading stuff to make sure it's always and will always be available.
  • zone_Blackwolfzone_Blackwolf Join Date: 2004-06-20 Member: 29415Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1835661:date=Mar 2 2011, 08:59 PM:name=mutare)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mutare @ Mar 2 2011, 08:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1835661"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->First of all, Gamestar's FLA-Player include automated this Watermark.
    Second, be proud of it that your videos are featured there!
    Third, if its such a problem to you. Write them a Mail!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    1. that does not change the fact they are using external material without giving a link to the original.
    2. oh yes, be happy that someone uses the results of hours and hours of your work, to easily get money out of it. => someone builds a fake of your product and you can be proud of it, because he seems to "like the original"

3. they at least could have mentioned anything around the video (youtube video / channel, NS2HD as a fan-project).

:) It's not a big deal. And it shouldn't be a big deal for a magazine, which's subject is games.

and now, we all calm down and get back to "work" ;)
  • theophilegautier01theophilegautier01 Join Date: 2011-03-13 Member: 86072Members
    The tweet the other day linking into NS2HD's videos was a hot move. I judge there's enough acceptance there and its of the property where a solon formalised and unceasing unification to the matter be situated on the main position, and any netmail outs pertain to the NS2HD canalise in Youtube (i.e. See Circuit for updates and information). Both for advertising/awareness and activity (a signal of questions are future up ...
  • _Thresh__Thresh_ Join Date: 2008-01-11 Member: 63385Members
    edited April 2011
    <a href="http://www.pcgames.de/Natural-Selection-2-PC-Game-Modifikation-156960/News/Natural-Selection-2-Brandneue-HD-Videos-aus-der-laufenden-Beta-820934/" target="_blank">http://www.pcgames.de/Natural-Selection-2-...en-Beta-820934/</a>

NS2HD montage
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1843275:date=Apr 30 2011, 01:13 AM:name=_Thresh_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (_Thresh_ @ Apr 30 2011, 01:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1843275"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><a href="http://www.pcgames.de/Natural-Selection-2-PC-Game-Modifikation-156960/News/Natural-Selection-2-Brandneue-HD-Videos-aus-der-laufenden-Beta-820934/" target="_blank">http://www.pcgames.de/Natural-Selection-2-...en-Beta-820934/</a>

NS2HD montage<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sieht sehr spaßig aus:-D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    :-D indeed
  • intellixintellix Join Date: 2008-03-24 Member: 63950Members
    What I don't get is direct ripping on YouTube. When you have a popular video that someone has posted and then you see about 15 exact copy uploads of the same video. This shouldn't be allowed because it waters down YT and clogs it with spam...

Yeah I don't think it's right for them to rip it like that...