Alignment Of Textures

GoulderchaufGoulderchauf Join Date: 2008-03-23 Member: 63935Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Treat As One?</div>Hello!

Silly question, maybe the answer is so simple I just can't see it!
I've made a rock floor, using a BSP sheet composing of triangles and I've gotten it to look nicely terrained and textured.. well.. not quite textured. If I click Align Left + Align Bottom and reset all the shift/rotation boxes to 0 then.... none of the textures are aligned with each other, they're all doing their own crazy random thing :(

I was wondering if anyone had a solution to this? Is there maybe a texturing option similar to Valve Hammer's "Treat As One"? Or should I make a suggestion to add this sort of thing to the NS2 dev team?

Thanks In Advance,
Le Nub.

Comments

• Trainee.gerTrainee.ger Join Date: 2011-05-22 Member: 100097Members
    as far as i know there is no function like that in yet. but i´am sure that it is on the long to do list, so dont worry.
  • zastelszastels Join Date: 2003-11-29 Member: 23731Members
    I want it real bad : )
  • Evil_bOb1Evil_bOb1 Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 938Members, Squad Five Blue
    I haven't tried this idea but it could work. You could just set the scale of the texture as you want it on a face, and then duplicate to the other faces (using alt+leftclick with texture tools and the face with the texture selected). This way every face of the terrain should have the same parameters and it will look like one. An alternative is just setting scale (ex: (2,2) and shift (0,0) to the bunch its should work as if it was treated as one. As its a terrain you don't need to worry about where the limits of the texture are according to the face, avoid pressing an align button or each face will be set to its own parameters again.
  • GoulderchaufGoulderchauf Join Date: 2008-03-23 Member: 63935Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1851256:date=Jun 9 2011, 08:11 PM:name=Evil_bOb1)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Evil_bOb1 @ Jun 9 2011, 08:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1851256"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I haven't tried this idea but it could work. You could just set the scale of the texture as you want it on a face, and then duplicate to the other faces (using alt+leftclick with texture tools and the face with the texture selected). This way every face of the terrain should have the same parameters and it will look like one. An alternative is just setting scale (ex: (2,2) and shift (0,0) to the bunch its should work as if it was treated as one. As its a terrain you don't need to worry about where the limits of the texture are according to the face, avoid pressing an align button or each face will be set to its own parameters again.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sadly i tried this and this doesn't seem to fix my problem. I think it's due to the triangulation of the bsp that's i created way back ago. I noticed that they've added a displacement feature, I've had a go with it but you can't edit the texture specifications of the BSP surfaces once they've become a displacement?

Thanks though ^^
  • zastelszastels Join Date: 2003-11-29 Member: 23731Members
    If you make a cylinder then treat as one makes it texture perfectly. Without it, you can only trick the user. It's not wrapping correctly.

That displacement tool I messed with a bit but I couldn't produce anything special with it. Probably useful for cliffs with vertex manipulation, but I've never seen it attempted with squares instead of triangles.