No dofile() source code

hardcoderhardcoder Join Date: 2010-09-08 Member: 73940Members
Hi,

I am now evaluating Decoda for our small team and despite the fact that all lua files used by exe are added to project I am getting an error:

The source code for this script is not available. To view script source code,
the script file must be added to the current project, or the debugger must be
attached when the client loads the file.

This does not happen for every file tho, I think that this happens for files that are not explicitly lua_dofiled() in application but are "included" with Lua's dofile() call from other lua files. I also noticed that .lua scripts become duplicated in project explorer after running application and they differ in a way that Decoda shows relative path for newly loaded files and full paths for files that were added to the project. It may be important to note that this relative path is same as used by other scripts when doing dofile().

I am using Visual Studio 2008 SP1, Lua 5.1.4 and Decoda 1.13.

Please advice.

Comments

• hardcoderhardcoder Join Date: 2010-09-08 Member: 73940Members
    Anyone uses dofile() in Lua scripts? Does it normally work with Decoda?
  • hardcoderhardcoder Join Date: 2010-09-08 Member: 73940Members
    Almost 3 weeks and no single answer. Not even a hint or suggestion from UW staff. We were not able to do anything in evaluation period :(
  • jpjodoinjpjodoin Join Date: 2011-06-09 Member: 103464Members
    I have exactly the same issue... Because of that, I can't hook the debugger after the program starts which is really problematic for me... The rest is great, but if there are no workaround/fix, this make Decoda kinda useless to me...

I'm using Visual Studio 2008 SP1, Lua 5.1.4 and Decoda 1.13 too.

It would be great to hear from the developpers about this issue.

Thanks,

Jean-Philippe