Dropping guns is still in, why can't we pick them up?

RulgrokRulgrok Join Date: 2007-04-04 Member: 60559Members
<div class="IPBDescription">^</div>I mean, title says it all. I remember them adding the feature (which is great - help out a teammate buy them a weapon what not) - but now if I accidentally hit G and drop my expensive shotty or ft - I have to pay to get another one? Kind of sucks.

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I think its a feature that hasn't been added yet.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    edited May 2011
    I'm in agreement with Scardy. It'll come, I think.

A friendly suggestion for now, though: change the "drop weapon" key to like P or something you're unlikely to press (assuming you can change it, I haven't checked.)
  • 1stToast1stToast Join Date: 2007-12-02 Member: 63067Members
    I try to keep my keyboard pretty uniform for all the games I play. I use “v” as a weapon drop. In many games dropping and picking up weapons is important. For NS2 I had to bind it to “\”, (a part of the keyboard I rarely visit) due to a few fatal loses of weapons. I liked the ability to pick up weapons in NS. What is wrong with giving a teammate your shotgun when you buy a FT?
  • KuBaNKuBaN Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8979Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1845770:date=May 12 2011, 03:27 PM:name=1stToast)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1stToast @ May 12 2011, 03:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1845770"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What is wrong with giving a teammate your shotgun when you buy a FT?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The tendency of pooling strategies to arise, and the subsequent elitist ###### that will insist on having everyones resources pooled to them.
    But that aside, even when they do allow Marines to pick up weapons, picking up another player's weapon is an entirely different beast (as far as it affects gameplay). At the very least, you can rest assured you will be able to pick up your own gear that you drop.
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    MONEY DUMP THE PRO
  • WatchMakerWatchMaker Join Date: 2003-09-26 Member: 21233Members, Constellation
    It's funny watching marines attempting to pick up weapons, only to become easy snacks.