NS2HD spectator video

AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">Prettiness.</div><center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aYq2PHcsguY"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aYq2PHcsguY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>

Comments

• Delta1Delta1 Join Date: 2009-08-01 Member: 68326Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i liked it apart from it showing me get shotgun'd to the face too many times >.> *cough*
  • MajinMajin Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16829Members, Constellation
    This is NS2HD best video to date!

I loved watching this fight, I hope you post more like this.
  • FuzionMonkeyFuzionMonkey Join Date: 2005-05-04 Member: 50889Members
    The post-processing makes it look really good.

Motion blur looks absolutely sick.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    edited May 2011
    Good video.

Thoughts (not on the video so much, but with the video as evidence):
    Still a bit jerky. Aliens were getting destroyed until they got fades. Sounds need more variation. I don't like the fade swipe, that sound should vary with each swipe, and there <b>needs</b> to be aural hit feedback. Looks and sounds weird when you hear air-swipes while the fade is clearly cutting down a sentry turret. Death rag dolls, particularly for the structures like the harvester and hive, are a little exaggerated and, it seems, slippery. Too much red (emergency lighting) takes away from the beauty of the map.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYq2PHcsguY&feature=player_detailpage#t=330s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYq2PHcsguY...tailpage#t=330s</a> <- That skulk fight... just wow.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    so how do we enable this motion blur? (not one to enable it typically in a game.. but if it hides the perceived interrupted fps changes hmm)
  • Ki11s0n3Ki11s0n3 Join Date: 2010-05-09 Member: 71682Members
    Yeah that video was pretty amazing
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Best NS2HD vid ever! The lighting is so amazing and awesome

The crappy hitboxes are really obvious....so lame to see skulks chomping away at marines and doing no damage.
  • KuBaNKuBaN Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8979Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1845622:date=May 12 2011, 01:27 AM:name=ironhorse)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ironhorse @ May 12 2011, 01:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1845622"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->so how do we enable this motion blur? (not one to enable it typically in a game.. but if it hides the perceived interrupted fps changes hmm)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Pretty sure that's an effect added outside of NS2. Could be wrong.
  • CrispixCrispix Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59543Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Probably used After Effects and made the whole composition have motion blur. Could be wrong. My best guess.
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Can't such effects be forced in most modern video cards settings?
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    Technically I suppose it's possible, but I've never seen such a feature in videocard-drivers (it's certainly not present in the latest nVidia-drivers).

I'd rather have UWE work on fixing the atrocious jerky\stuttering\laggy movement\rendering, as opposed to spending time obfuscating the problem with motion-blur.
  • BitPonBitPon Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75104Members
    edited May 2011
    Awesome video! Wow... the light in this game is so pretty... I loved the part in the beginning with the lerk hiding in the ceiling. This is the perfect way of presenting NS2 to new players I believe.