NS2 Special Edition

Vertigo1Vertigo1 Join Date: 2011-03-30 Member: 89677Members
I'm new to this forum but was an avid NS1 player and have been anticipating NS2 for a very long time. It just now came to my attention that the beta is available through Steam, and I got extremely excited to give you guys my money and play this awesome sequel. However, I'm interested in purchasing the special edition, but it says no longer available. I'm confused though... it says "Unavailable after July 26th." Did the special edition expire July 26th of last year?? I've been planning on getting the special edition for ages, but at the time it wasn't promised to be downloaded through Steam, which is pretty much the only service I use out of convenience. I'm not asking for special treatment, but what's the deal with it becoming unavailable before July 26th? (assuming it didn't expire last year...which I'm fairly positive it wasn't available then).

Comments

• tschumanntschumann Australia Join Date: 2010-05-26 Member: 71862Members
    I thought it finished last year, though I'm not completely sure.
    Maybe ask <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/forums/index.php?showforum=91" target="_blank">here</a>.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    It was no longer available after 2010-Juli-26. Should use the year as well, it is quite confusing what with 2011 right now...

Also this is indeed the NS forums, NS2 has it's own set of subforums :P
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    As the others have said, NS2 special edition sales ended 26 July 2010. Sorry for the confusion, I've updated the page to be more clear.
  • XiphanXiphan Join Date: 2007-05-03 Member: 60789Members
    This is most sad that there was only a limited time to purchase the special edition. I'll admit I never missed it, I knew all about it but could not afford it at the time due to being jobless, now that I have a decent job and want to buy it I can't. I also refuse to buy the standard edition so I'll hold out to see if Unknown Worlds decide to do another limited run prior to launch and I'll buy it then otherwise I just won't bother with this game.