NS Classic

2»

Comments

• ArchaicArchaic Join Date: 2008-03-30 Member: 64001Members
    if we could somehow port the maps and other assets over, i think this would be a good idea.

rather than "new" people who buy the game having to buy half-life to play the original, it all comes in one rather tidy package.

there are definitely people out there who go for the legacy stuff(i know because the likelihood of me being the only one is really slim), and the mod that spawned an indie would be something of interest for them.
  • NX WolfNX Wolf Join Date: 2008-04-04 Member: 64021Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1819330:date=Dec 25 2010, 11:24 AM:name=Price)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Price @ Dec 25 2010, 11:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1819330"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I am wondering why nobody create a topic or say something about it, or did i don't see the thread?
    Do you think NS classic would be nice?
    If yes, why?
    Was it realy balanced?
    With like old Lerk bite attack, old fade blinking and stuff?
    I like NS2 but if somebody create after ns2 is final, a classic mode, it would be fun to have the old feeling.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well i think in the old ns the lerk never bit it shot spikes.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    There's definitely a difference between NS 1.02 and 3.2
  • LoeyLoey Join Date: 2009-10-31 Member: 69187Members
    yep, neither were as good as 1.04
  • RisingSunRisingSun Rising California Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28015Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited September 2011
    Might have lost all faith in NS2 coming out let alone being better or on par with NS1. Anyone working on this mod by chance?
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    I know that sentiment, you might be better off not playing NS2 for a while. I haven't for months now and it's done wonders for my mood. I suppose many folks, including me, are not cut out for beta-testing. I'll wait for the finished product before spending any decent amount of time playing it.

Now on to the topic at hand, it isn't so much that NS2 doesn't have things NS1 has, but rather that it has a lot more crap (censoring s.hit? really?) attached to it that doesn't do anything to improve the gameplay-mechanic, in fact worsens it. However it leaves us with the simple task of just stripping NS2 of that stuff. I intend to try out some of that in my latest version (ea. removing MACs\removing sprint\increasing jump-height\increasing skulk-speed et cetera).
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    I hope ns2 changes it act, at its current state it feels like bloatware software, adds unneeded changes while being heavy to run.
  • RisingSunRisingSun Rising California Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28015Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I agree with you both. I think i will indeed take a break. Ill check on this thread to see if NS1 is made pertty =) but as for NS2 ill see you all next year around this time in the general chat beta testing =)