Can we focus on performance now?!

13»

Comments

• gamester_5gamester_5 Join Date: 2008-04-17 Member: 64094Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1834533:date=Feb 23 2011, 04:30 AM:name=Adama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Adama @ Feb 23 2011, 04:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1834533"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->lol what?

I guess it depends on the servers capabilities. Generally I see 80-100% cpu usage once we hit around 6 players.

10 players the tick rate is generally above 20, however as previously stated, the more buildings and time that goes on this starts to decrease. More so since the recent DI which is understandable.

The games I've been in, providing are not too long and mass spam everywhere we are getting 15 ticks with 10 players.

That's just my observations anyway.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I will look more closely at our Team 156 West server and see what type of CPU usage it is running. I dont think it is being maxed at all but I will take a look.
  • RigorRigor Join Date: 2011-02-05 Member: 80545Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1835433:date=Feb 28 2011, 04:45 PM:name=spellman23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spellman23 @ Feb 28 2011, 04:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1835433"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->>.>

buzz word alert!!!!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Awesome
  • StakhanovStakhanov Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14448Members
    Feedback on gameplay is meaningless without decent performance. For instance , lerks and flamethrowers may seem overpowered because they perform well in laggy conditions. This goes for tactics and strategies as well , like suicide runs on alien nodes - I managed to cut down some RT with a fade chasing me in circles. That fade certainly did not have a framerate of 60.

Both sides hit each other less due to lag , which extends stalemates. Normally , a decisive attack breaking down would open your team to a counterattack , but with combat being so random there is a much smaller shift of momentum.
  • PoNeHPoNeH Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58801Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1835671:date=Mar 2 2011, 08:45 PM:name=Stakhanov)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stakhanov @ Mar 2 2011, 08:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1835671"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Feedback on gameplay is meaningless without decent performance. For instance , lerks and flamethrowers may seem overpowered because they perform well in laggy conditions. This goes for tactics and strategies as well , like suicide runs on alien nodes - I managed to cut down some RT with a fade chasing me in circles. That fade certainly did not have a framerate of 60.

Both sides hit each other less due to lag , which extends stalemates. Normally , a decisive attack breaking down would open your team to a counterattack , but with combat being so random there is a much smaller shift of momentum.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1