Air acceleration

CodeineCodeine Join Date: 2010-11-22 Member: 75155Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Curving while in mid air</div>in NS1 as a skulk to help aiming on a mobile marine running around, you were able to control where you would land during a leap with the slightly increased air acceleration, remember its not as high as a surf map (hl/source engine)

Will this be added in the future? because on a moving marine, once you leap hes moved... and its easily predictable where the skulk is gonna land during the leap. And after 2-3 leaps and multiple bites you need to gtfo coz ur out of energy or focus.

Comments

• SkieSkie Skulk Progenitor Join Date: 2003-10-18 Member: 21766Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    The skulk does turn quite a bit in air already, you just have to turn the fellow agressively. Does require quite a long leap though.
  • SpaZSpaZ Join Date: 2003-06-11 Member: 17256Members
    Alien vs Marine is quite balanced now but after all the bugs, performance issues etc. get sorted out marines will over power skulks. I would hope for more agile movement too. I mean I don't mind the current one but like I said. After the hit detection and server side things work as they should no alien is safe from shotguns with the speed they are now.
  • CodeineCodeine Join Date: 2010-11-22 Member: 75155Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1835349:date=Feb 28 2011, 11:09 AM:name=Skie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Skie @ Feb 28 2011, 11:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1835349"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The skulk does turn quite a bit in air already, you just have to turn the fellow agressively. Does require quite a long leap though.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I see, ill give it a try, its defiantly not like it was in ns1
  • cookmancookman Join Date: 2003-12-22 Member: 24654Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1835368:date=Feb 28 2011, 09:43 AM:name=SpaZ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SpaZ @ Feb 28 2011, 09:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1835368"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Alien vs Marine is quite balanced now but after all the bugs, performance issues etc. get sorted out marines will over power skulks. I would hope for more agile movement too. I mean I don't mind the current one but like I said. After the hit detection and server side things work as they should no alien is safe from shotguns with the speed they are now.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

From my side of things, the hit registration has been vastly improved. The performance still lags a little behind, but it's not as bad as it has been. To me, it is already evident that vanillarines are walking all over skulks. It was blatantly obvious this was going to be the result ever since they began murdering skulk mobility. In NS1, skulk agility is twice that of in NS2, and you'd still have a really hard time against crack shot marines.

As soon as we see a big move in optimization, balance is going tilt into complete one-sidedness. I think it's foolish to even consider balancing gameplay until this move has happened.

Without the option of being unpredictable in your movement pattern, you'll be really bad off against LMGs, and it'll be even worse against shotguns as you have to additionally time their shots against your movement shifts. If you can't bring some of this unpredictability into the third dimension, you'll be horribly exposed.

While I enjoyed bunny-hopping, I know it might be a stretch. But please, for the love of all that is holy, bring back some decent air-control.
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why have you not added skillbased movement system, aircontrol or momentum? I cant stress enough how awkward and restricting the game feels.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

this was posted in other thread but it should explain why it was asked, because it is missing from the game among other things. Aliens in general are much slower in ns2 right now compared to ns1.
  • CodeineCodeine Join Date: 2010-11-22 Member: 75155Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1835411:date=Feb 28 2011, 09:52 PM:name=luns)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (luns @ Feb 28 2011, 09:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1835411"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->this was posted in other thread but it should explain why it was asked, because it is missing from the game among other things. Aliens in general are much slower in ns2 right now compared to ns1.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Link to thread?