Money back?

snooopssnooops Germany Join Date: 2008-12-08 Member: 65702Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Hey is it possible that i can get back my money? i dont like the game and its progress is really to slow, i mean really really. im not sure who to contact. i got no response from uwe via mails... so i try this way. i purchased the special edition.
greetins Snooops

Comments

• derWalterderWalter Join Date: 2008-10-29 Member: 65323Members
    hey i do not like the ultrasonic picture of the baby, could i give it back please?
  • XuXuXuXu Join Date: 2011-01-01 Member: 76096Members, Reinforced - Silver
    you play a game for more than 7 months and now you want your money back? serious...??? or just trolling? (hope so...)

------ ------
    -------------
  • RhodriRhodri Join Date: 2003-06-21 Member: 17575Members
    Yeaaah I really don't think you have a leg to stand on here. It's been so long since the special edition was even available, how has it taken you so long to decide you want a refund? It's like wearing a jumper for 3 months then taking it back to the store because you don't like the colour. Progress is going good from the improvements I've been seeing each version.

Trollololol?
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    edited February 2011
    Right. I have never heard of a case where someone can play a game for that long then get their money back. You have been using the product for many months. In my experience you have about 2 weeks to return an unsatisfactory product. Don't take this as a personal attack but you don't seem to grasp the fact that indie games with small numbers of staff take a long time to develop and therefore buying an indie alpha/beta comes with a certain degree of risk if you are intent on playing the complete game in the near future.

Why don't you just forget about the game right now and check back in 3 months, 6 months or whenever? Do you really need the money back so badly?

(p.s. you made a mistake saying you don't really like the game, that is not always legitimate reason to get a refund. Should have said that it doesn't work on your system even after trying every update)
  • Bad News BearBad News Bear Join Date: 2011-02-08 Member: 80944Members
    It isn't a game or a product worthy of sale yet. If you class it as either of those there's something wrong with your perception and you're being a snarky arsehole to a guy who wants his money back.
  • BarerRudeROCBarerRudeROC Join Date: 2010-10-01 Member: 74264Members
    Hey [random store clerk], see this blender?
    I bought this blender several months ago and used it repeatedly.
    But just now I've decided I don't like the way it works or looks, even though I was told it was a prototype.

Soooooo,
    Any chance of a refund?
    I'll get my coat.
    edited February 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1830805:date=Feb 9 2011, 04:54 PM:name=Bad News Bear)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bad News Bear @ Feb 9 2011, 04:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1830805"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It isn't a game or a product worthy of sale yet. If you class it as either of those there's something wrong with your perception and you're being a snarky arsehole to a guy who wants his money back.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If it isn't a game then what is it? If you're going to make such definitions please elaborate or I can't really respond.

Worthy of sale? That's completely subjective. They sold exactly what was advertised which is an alpha/beta and gave people all the info they needed to make an informed purchase. I don't know about US consumer law but in the UK as long as the product is safe and does what it says it will do then you have no reason to complain.
  • BarerRudeROCBarerRudeROC Join Date: 2010-10-01 Member: 74264Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1830805:date=Feb 9 2011, 04:54 PM:name=Bad News Bear)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bad News Bear @ Feb 9 2011, 04:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1830805"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It isn't a game or a product worthy of sale yet. If you class it as either of those there's something wrong with your perception and you're being a snarky arsehole to a guy who wants his money back.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think you should re-evaluate your point.
    Look at the above points and tell us our faults.

Under the sales of goods & supplies of services act 1980 he is not entitled to a refund,
    If businesses did give refunds like this they'd be bankrupt in no time.
    The devs have no reason to give him a refund.

Sorry monsieur,
    But you're obviously trolling.
  • snooopssnooops Germany Join Date: 2008-12-08 Member: 65702Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sorry but in germany things gonna be faster finished... i fear this game becomes a second duke nukem forever and i dont want to wait for a game 14 years! and thats how it looks like to me (no water in the engine -> a lot of work! no dynamic infestation -> again a lot of work). I supported this project with my money and its ok, but if i have the option to get the money back, i want it. I can waste my time with beer in the bar instead of waiting for silly updates and patches for a game which will never be finished!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Well thank you very much there snooops, for blowing up my Troll detector!
  • TigTig Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    <!--quoteo(post=1830814:date=Feb 9 2011, 11:16 AM:name=snooops)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snooops @ Feb 9 2011, 11:16 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1830814"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sorry but in germany things gonna be faster finished... i fear this game becomes a second duke nukem forever and i dont want to wait for a game 14 years! and thats how it looks like to me (no water in the engine -> a lot of work! no dynamic infestation -> again a lot of work). I supported this project with my money and its ok, but if i have the option to get the money back, i want it. I can waste my time with beer in the bar instead of waiting for silly updates and patches for a game which will never be finished!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

you'll see dynamic infestation by the weekend. and there is water, it just comes in the form of mist and waterfalls. but you're entitled to a refund if you want it, there is a specific thread detailing a specific email address for you to email. would be a shame to throw away your black armor though.
    <!--quoteo(post=1830814:date=Feb 9 2011, 05:16 PM:name=snooops)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snooops @ Feb 9 2011, 05:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1830814"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sorry but in germany things gonna be faster finished...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Right, it's because the game is being developed by Americans - that's why it's taking a while! Explains how California's tech/gaming industries are lagging behind German ones so much. Google has <i>nothing</i> on Göögle.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    that germany remark was sooo random.

There will be no water in the game, except waterfalls, so you don't have to wait for it.

DI is getting implemented right now, and the game progresses very fast with every patch.

and i think that since they went on steam, refunds are much more difficult, because now valve is involved in the process.
  • CerebralCerebral Join Date: 2003-06-25 Member: 17689Members
    In all fairness, he didn't actually purchase anything yet. He pre-ordered a product which has yet to be delivered. I think most stores entitle you to a refund of your pre-order regardless of how long ago you made it. Access to the alpha/beta was really just a perk associated with the pre-order.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Email store@unknownworlds.com with your request. They can look into it.
  • derWalterderWalter Join Date: 2008-10-29 Member: 65323Members
    Sorry but in germany things gonna be faster finished.

Behalt deinen nationalistischen Scheissdreck für dich!
  • SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1830823:date=Feb 9 2011, 08:38 AM:name=Asraniel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Asraniel @ Feb 9 2011, 08:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1830823"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There will be no water in the game, except waterfalls, so you don't have to wait for it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    WHATTA?!?!?!.....

Is that official?
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1830850:date=Feb 9 2011, 07:54 PM:name=SN.Wolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SN.Wolf @ Feb 9 2011, 07:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1830850"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->WHATTA?!?!?!.....

Is that official?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

quoting from the news page in the latest Q&A:
    <b>What about water? Still no plans about adding it into the engine?</b>

We don't have any plans for water for the initial release since it's not an element we're going to be using in any of our maps. I imagine this is a feature the artists will be interested in post release, but there are no specific plans for it right now.
  • whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @WALTER

Allerdings!

Though in my opinion the "law" should be no more money returning after beta was released. I don't want to know how many people play the game since alpha and maybe had there fun and now they want to get their money back, but used the product since.
  • ZenoZeno Join Date: 2007-09-05 Member: 62183Members
    ♫♪♫♪♫♪<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC76b0VZQog&t=3m34s" target="_blank">i want my money back </a>♫♪♫♫♪♪

.... wait, what was this thread about? Someone wanting "his money back" after like... 2/3 of a year of playing the game? What's wrong with these people?
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1830850:date=Feb 9 2011, 05:54 PM:name=SN.Wolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SN.Wolf @ Feb 9 2011, 05:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1830850"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->WHATTA?!?!?!.....

Is that official?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There was a map that showed particle effect waterfalls that looked quite nice, but no actual water no.
  • XeZoXeZo Join Date: 2006-11-14 Member: 58597Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1830814:date=Feb 9 2011, 05:16 PM:name=snooops)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snooops @ Feb 9 2011, 05:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1830814"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sorry but in germany things gonna be faster finished... i fear this game becomes a second duke nukem forever and i dont want to wait for a game 14 years! and thats how it looks like to me (no water in the engine -> a lot of work! no dynamic infestation -> again a lot of work). I supported this project with my money and its ok, but if i have the option to get the money back, i want it. I can waste my time with beer in the bar instead of waiting for silly updates and patches for a game which will never be finished!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--coloro:lawngreen--><span style="color:lawngreen"><!--/coloro-->In Soviet Russia, game finishes you.

TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOL

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • XeZoXeZo Join Date: 2006-11-14 Member: 58597Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2011
    double post! >,< sorry
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1830853:date=Feb 9 2011, 06:58 PM:name=Asraniel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Asraniel @ Feb 9 2011, 06:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1830853"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->quoting from the news page in the latest Q&A:
    <b>What about water? Still no plans about adding it into the engine?</b>

We don't have any plans for water for the initial release since it's not an element we're going to be using in any of our maps. I imagine this is a feature the artists will be interested in post release, but there are no specific plans for it right now.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There is no official plans, but there sure is unofficial plans ;)

I am actually trying to implement my water (look in mod forum for it) into working with the spark editor at the minute, which seems to be working thnx to the latest q&a by max! It might be slightly bugged at first tho because of how I did some changes to make it behave like a brush (such as team_join) instead of stay sphere like it was before. The fact that player.lua seems changed might also cause minor issues.
    Hopefully I will be able of making it all work today, or atleast tomorrow, but we will see :P. No promises XD!
  • ben1099ben1099 Join Date: 2010-11-26 Member: 75282Members
    My Honest Opinion

At this Stage Asking for a complete refund is probably too much. Technically purchasing the game at this stage is more of like an investment. If it takes 10 years to complete production and by then games are lightyears ahead it would be wasteful. Obviously 10 years is exaggerated, but judging how fast games are being churned out, _IF_ a similar game was released with ~better gfx ~better netcode ~better gfx optimization ~better gameplay ~faster patches it would be a total blow to the community.

Please don't tell me copying is hard. Look at China where R&D means Rob & Duplicate.
  • ShiloriusShilorius Join Date: 2011-01-14 Member: 77445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would do everything to get a black armor (I was 2 months to late) and you will give it back? O.o
    Besides there are only 10 people or so working on the game and they improved the game a lot in the last few months.

I reluctant to even admit, but technicially he just "preordered" the game.... and I don't know if a preorder has the same tie as a real order.

PS. I whonder if this guy and I life in the same country... look at the Deutsche Bahn (German Railways) and tell me again that everything is fast and always on time.
    Nevertheless crysis 2 (one of the few well known games from germany) was supposed to be released in the winter of 2010. ;)
  • snooopssnooops Germany Join Date: 2008-12-08 Member: 65702Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    well crysis 2 is done ns2 not ;) and crysis comes with engines that beat every other engine forge. Well whatev. I mailed them and you guys got no need anymore to flame me lol.
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    Can I have your stuff?
  • w0dk4w0dk4 Join Date: 2008-04-22 Member: 64129Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1830814:date=Feb 9 2011, 05:16 PM:name=snooops)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snooops @ Feb 9 2011, 05:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1830814"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sorry but in <b>germany </b>things gonna be faster finished...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

LOL
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Email store@unknownworlds.com with your request. They can look into it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well whatev. I mailed them and you guys got no need anymore to flame me lol.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Issue resolved. Closing thread.
This discussion has been closed.