UWE, what has happened?

13»

Comments

• mrcmrc Join Date: 2011-01-30 Member: 79589Members
    I only scimmed the topic untill second page quite briefly but i get your point.
    As a casual NS gamer i fully agree with your points man and i salute you seeing all this effort to point it out.
    People who are complaining the situation of the game yet have no idea, this is already implemented in to this game and is yet to become even more confusing with new features added every patch.
    I have to add i dont see things getting too complex but i have to say i have played only 2 hours of NS2 so far, but i understand and address your cause.

In the other hand a part of me likes the way it is going, they should not oversimplify the concepts. NS is and most probably will always be a game with complex features and gameplay. I like the way the game has a lot of features to offer, so even after years of playing i might get those "a-HA" moments but the concepts should not be complex. e.g. commanding the team, building functions
    If you take it as simple as you can; You are lets say for example alien, you go around protecting your hive collecting resource nodes for the team to gather to get even more powerful. You walk around, kill any threats on the way and win by beating the command chair to the ground.
    The rest is just a bonus, that is literally everything you need to know of the game to be competitive and resourceful for your team
    A small tutorial knowledge base (just like in NS) should be implemented to NS2 as well

In conclusion: its a double-edged sword, if done properly it works like a charm. If things go horribly wrong this case happens.
    I place my trust on UWE, they know what they are doing and most probably will build us a great game.
  • WatchMakerWatchMaker Join Date: 2003-09-26 Member: 21233Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1829161:date=Feb 2 2011, 06:13 AM:name=Price)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Price @ Feb 2 2011, 06:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1829161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Skulks are so cheap and very vulnerable, in ns2 there like cannon fodder.
    They are slow, fat and can not hide because there fat and slow.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agreed!