Lag......... getting..impaitient

SyntaximSyntaxim Join Date: 2011-01-13 Member: 77267Members
edited January 2011 in NS2 General Discussion
When can we expect 162 to come out. Im not sure but its closing in on two weeks and i have checked the To do list and im not seeing a whole lot done :/

Except seeing everything being accepted whatever that means?

Does accepted mean that is finished or what? :( i would like to play the game with the improvements of 161 without the servers crashing so much and it lagging so bad. Please.

Just wanted to let the developers know its not a bad thing if you release a hotfix for the weird lag we are getting. Not FPS lag , but latency lag maybe..even with a good ping. So please release a hotfix to fix that if you guys arnt going to release 162 any time soon :/

Comments

• ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi! Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    you're not the only one hoping for better stability. its serious problem, and I hope this patch will deal with it.

i really wish they released updates in segments, if not all at once but its not something haven't been said before.
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    Pointless thread...
  • SyntaximSyntaxim Join Date: 2011-01-13 Member: 77267Members
    not that the developers arnt good or anything. They seem to be cool and good at what they do , its just that they did a good job with 161 , and it makes me want to play more , but i cant with the lag :/ so thats why i thought i would ask.
  • extolloextollo Ping Blip Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72457Members
    from dev posts - there are a number of areas that contribute to overall lag which they plan to fix. expect some improvement, but 162 isn't going to correct all perf issues. it's a beta. contribute & enjoy the journey.
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    I hope for 162 today, but doesn't look like that. Tuesday next week maybe?
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    translation = dear dev's please use your magic wand to create the game instantly, because i've been brought up in world of instant gratification and nothing in my life so far has required persitant effort of an extent period, so I apologise if I seem impatient as I have no prior experince to compare this task with.....

Its in the dev's best interest to make the game playable and good as fast as they can - thats what they are doing, they aren't not going to fix just to annoy us :D
  • meb2meb2 Join Date: 2010-07-25 Member: 72824Members
    look if they fix lag and frame rate issues people might actually enjoy playtesting ns2, which leads to more players and servers, which leads to more bugs being found, more imbalances being uncovered, and more discussion about the game

op is just pleading that they get their priorities straight, and i tend to agree with this sentiment
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1826122:date=Jan 22 2011, 12:54 PM:name=meb2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (meb2 @ Jan 22 2011, 12:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1826122"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->look if they fix lag and frame rate issues people might actually enjoy playtesting ns2, which leads to more players and servers, which leads to more bugs being found, more imbalances being uncovered, and more discussion about the game

op is just pleading that they get their priorities straight, and i tend to agree with this sentiment<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

they are fixing it though - it takes time. every single patch has had optimizations for both frame rate and lag, and every patch will have more optimizations until its smooth as butter :)
  • meb2meb2 Join Date: 2010-07-25 Member: 72824Members
    things like hydra optimization still seem to be causing server problems, yet, to the outside observer, they appear on the progress page as low priority items placed on the backburner

that's all i'm gonna say since max is solely responsible for a lot of this work and i respect that
  • hookuyhookuy Join Date: 2008-07-18 Member: 64660Members
    "Please dev, fix the lag, i really really wanna play, and can you guys bake some cookies as well? i kinda want some" :D

Guys, lag issue is not just 1-thing-fix, it's relate to several stuff. They more than anyone want this done as soon as possible. You want this now to play? They want this now so they can sell more. :D

Just let them work.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Did I just read "hotfix"?
  • SyntaximSyntaxim Join Date: 2011-01-13 Member: 77267Members
    edited January 2011
    Im not asking them to fix everything in game in this thread. Im just asking them to fix the lag part to a point where it is playable , like the previous patch of 161 , you could play , even though the frame rates were bad. Now its the i dont know , latency type lag. If they could just release a quick update for it maybe so we can play 161 patch :? it looks like thats one of the things they have Delievered on the progress bar i think. I just want them to release that single fix so we can play 161.

So basically , improved frame rates , server lag went to crap. Now since the Frame Rates are improved , a quick fix on the server side or whatever needs to be done for the lag because it wasnt this bad previously , and then we can test and complain about bugs in the game instead of lag :)
  • hookuyhookuy Join Date: 2008-07-18 Member: 64660Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1826145:date=Jan 21 2011, 11:51 PM:name=Syntaxim)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Syntaxim @ Jan 21 2011, 11:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1826145"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Im not asking them to fix everything in game in this thread. Im just asking them to fix the lag part to a point where it is playable , like the previous patch of 161 , you could play , even though the frame rates were bad. Now its the i dont know , latency type lag. If they could just release a quick update for it maybe so we can play 161 patch :? it looks like thats one of the things they have Delievered on the progress bar i think. I just want them to release that single fix so we can play 161.

So basically , improved frame rates , server lag went to crap. Now since the Frame Rates are improved , a quick fix on the server side or whatever needs to be done for the lag because it wasnt this bad previously , and then we can test and complain about bugs in the game instead of lag :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, everything is related. It's not like switching something on/off to fix it, and the rest of the game won't be affected by this.
    And yes, they are fixing lots of issues by releasing fixes as soon as they can. Or haven't you notice the big difference between now and before? :)
  • Slickk-Slickk- Join Date: 2007-11-26 Member: 63019Members
    Will take the middle ground on this one i think...

Looking at the new bugs, players getting stuck and crash on exit its definitely for the best it didn't come out today.

Look at it this way, yeah there is still lag and rubberbanding (which is doing my head in too) but at least we can move about!
    Think about how annoying it would be getting stuck on a map and then you rage quit, what's that the game crashed...pc locked up? RAGE RAGE RAGE.

The hydra problem is probably something engine related, Max has worked his balls off this week doing physics and that has been implemented.
    As he is the king of the engine (hail to the king, baby!), then he might start turning his focus to that.

After the perceived problems with 161, i'm sure UWE want to smash 162 and get us all foaming again.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2011
    The lag is the central issue of the game right now. There is no instant hotfix.
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    This thread ain't going anywhere.

Locked.

--Scythe--
This discussion has been closed.