Alien structures can't be killed while being built

PlasmaPlasma Join Date: 2003-04-26 Member: 15855Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
I took out an alien hive on my own; and then they just put up another RIGHT AFTER.

The hive kept building faster than I could attack it.

This is the same with alien structures too, its so hard to take them out if they are busy building.

Just had a horrible game due to the balance problems in this patch :(

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Maybe have an alien structure under attack build slower? Personally, I'd like to see all alien structures have lower health so that they can be killed quicker anyways.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Another bug is that if you are being killed whilst transforming into a life form (egg), a 'husk' (ghost) of the lifeform you were transforming into appears, even after death.

It has happened to me twice now, with a fade at 100% with my name on it spawning. But completely brain dead.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1823653:date=Jan 13 2011, 04:42 AM:name=ScardyBob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ScardyBob @ Jan 13 2011, 04:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1823653"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Maybe have an alien structure under attack build slower? Personally, I'd like to see all alien structures have lower health so that they can be killed quicker anyways.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Dunno about that. They're pretty low already, compared to marine structures.
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    edited January 2011
    I think alien structures are to easy to kill, they should not have uber regen while building though. Would make placing whips in rine base and such not be a viable tactic.
    hives should also regen slower at all.

I think reg model actually should be changed altogether, making stuff reg faster when near death than near full health. Not much of a boost, more like, if they regen 1%/second at almost full health, they should regen about 2%/second when at 1%. Not sure how many seconds it take per percent atm, but my point is that 0% stuff should regen 2 (or 1.5, 1.25 or whatever is best balance wise) times as fast as 100% stuff.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1824005:date=Jan 13 2011, 11:56 PM:name=Feha)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Feha @ Jan 13 2011, 11:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1824005"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think reg model actually should be changed altogether, making stuff reg faster when near death than near full health. Not much of a boost, more like, if they regen 1%/second at almost full health, they should regen about 2%/second when at 1%. Not sure how many seconds it take per percent atm, but my point is that 0% stuff should regen 2 (or 1.5, 1.25 or whatever is best balance wise) times as fast as 100% stuff.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I like this idea.
  • XuXuXuXu Join Date: 2011-01-01 Member: 76096Members, Reinforced - Silver
    edited January 2011
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think reg model actually should be changed altogether, making stuff reg faster when near death than near full health. Not much of a boost, more like, if they regen 1%/second at almost full health, they should regen about 2%/second when at 1%. Not sure how many seconds it take per percent atm, but my point is that 0% stuff should regen 2 (or 1.5, 1.25 or whatever is best balance wise) times as fast as 100% stuff.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1 :)
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1823885:date=Jan 12 2011, 11:58 PM:name=Harimau)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Harimau @ Jan 12 2011, 11:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1823885"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Dunno about that. They're pretty low already, compared to marine structures.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

True, but I kind of view it as marine structures expensive and takes long to build, but very hard to destroy while alien structures cheap and quick to build, but easy to destroy. It adds a nice layer of asymmetrical gameplay that way.
  • KuriinKuriin Join Date: 2011-01-08 Member: 76761Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1824273:date=Jan 13 2011, 11:38 PM:name=ScardyBob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ScardyBob @ Jan 13 2011, 11:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1824273"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->True, but I kind of view it as marine structures expensive and takes long to build, but very hard to destroy while alien structures cheap and quick to build, but easy to destroy. It adds a nice layer of asymmetrical gameplay that way.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's funny. Because I think the alien structures take longer to build because you can't push "E" to build it faster. Alien structures <b>ARE NOT</b> cheap, especially because you can't recycle them. Please play the game as an alien commander to see how it feels.
    <!--quoteo(post=1824359:date=Jan 14 2011, 09:38 AM:name=Kuriin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kuriin @ Jan 14 2011, 09:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1824359"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That's funny. Because I think the alien structures take longer to build because you can't push "E" to build it faster. Alien structures <b>ARE NOT</b> cheap, especially because you can't recycle them. Please play the game as an alien commander to see how it feels.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I know. I mostly wish UWE would make it more that way. Aliens structures aren't cheap, but due to the fact that its easier for them to take all the resource points on rockdown/tram, its like they are cheap in comparison to the resource flow.
  • KuriinKuriin Join Date: 2011-01-08 Member: 76761Members
    I will agree with you that they can easily acquire them all on rockdown. Not so much as tram because it's a much bigger map.