It Was The Perfect Game!

Twisted_MacTwisted_Mac Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10683Members
<div class="IPBDescription">just an hour ago or so...</div> just an hour ago or so i played the perfect game.. it was fun in every detail...

i started off leaping into the random team portal (kinda hoping to be kharaa) but i came out the other side with gun in hand.
I had just had a pretty decent game as a kharaa, winning a good victory, so when a newbie asked if he could command and noone else answered i said "sure, what the hell, you gotta learn SOME time, right?"

he did his thing for a good 10 minutes (almost NOTHING that is) and he got sick of it and exited..
still being in a good mood i spit out "anyone else new wanna try now that you have a bit of unused cash but we look kinda screwed?"

didnt take many seconds for another newbie to happily accept the offer..

he did exactly the same thing as the first guy, but his only lasted for about 5 minutes, then he too got tired of it... by now we were facing a good amount of fades but oddly enough holding out pretty good..
(we had some good marines, that would explain it)

we still had nothing but main base and the resnode at the lobby (it was the map with the holoroom.. i mix up the maps names.. hera is it?)
we went for a minute or so without any commander until i said "yeah ok, i'll see what we have and what we can do!"

so i start building up a good defence around the lobby (by now we are looking ROYALLY screwed...)
and we actually manage to repel them..
oddly enough while doing all this, most of the marines work together and build, and not one cry for HMG and HA.. (mind you, this was a public server)

so we get the defence up, and one guy (probably one of the best marines ive seen so far) manages to round up two other guys and run for a hive. as they get there, the two guys with him rush to their deaths and take an off turret or something like that with them..
he then asks for and gets a phase gate there, and we start telling people to rush into the phase gate..

after 3 or 4 minutes the hive is down and theres only 2 to go (we have some other problems with an onos and some such stuff during this time asweel, but it all works out..)

the whole game then proceeds along these lines and we have the holoroom pretty tightly in our control.

after an INTENSE hour of VERY even gameplay we start getting the upperhand, and slowly winning..
at the very end, we have a team of HA marines with both GL's and HMGs doing enourmous damage to anything still alive and most places has a siege gun pointed at it so nothing can be built by the aliens..

It was a GREAT team of marines, and i got the Comm praising of a lifeteam..
Seeing your entire team praise you while winning the game is just a feeling that goes above all and boosts your ego like the first time you were kissed..(remember that?..)

looking back my only regret is.. i didnt make a demo.. and it hurts me so...
/rant

Comments

• ZunniZunni The best thing to happen to I&amp;S in a long while Join Date: 2002-11-26 Member: 10016Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--[Twisted] Mac+Dec 12 2002, 05:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> ([Twisted] Mac @ Dec 12 2002, 05:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->just an hour ago or so i played the perfect game.. it was fun in every detail...

i started off leaping into the random team portal (kinda hoping to be kharaa) but i came out the other side with gun in hand.
    I had just had a pretty decent game as a kharaa, winning a good victory, so when a newbie asked if he could command and noone else answered i said "sure, what the hell, you gotta learn SOME time, right?"

he did his thing for a good 10 minutes (almost NOTHING that is) and he got sick of it and exited..
    still being in a good mood i spit out "anyone else new wanna try now that you have a bit of unused cash but we look kinda screwed?"

didnt take many seconds for another newbie to happily accept the offer..

he did exactly the same thing as the first guy, but his only lasted for about 5 minutes, then he too got tired of it... by now we were facing a good amount of fades but oddly enough holding out pretty good..
    (we had some good marines, that would explain it)

we still had nothing but main base and the resnode at the lobby (it was the map with the holoroom.. i mix up the maps names.. hera is it?)
    we went for a minute or so without any commander until i said "yeah ok, i'll see what we have and what we can do!"

so i start building up a good defence around the lobby (by now we are looking ROYALLY screwed...)
    and we actually manage to repel them..
    oddly enough while doing all this, most of the marines work together and build, and not one cry for HMG and HA.. (mind you, this was a public server)

so we get the defence up, and one guy (probably one of the best marines ive seen so far) manages to round up two other guys and run for a hive. as they get there, the two guys with him rush to their deaths and take an off turret or something like that with them..
    he then asks for and gets a phase gate there, and we start telling people to rush into the phase gate..

after 3 or 4 minutes the hive is down and theres only 2 to go (we have some other problems with an onos and some such stuff during this time asweel, but it all works out..)

the whole game then proceeds along these lines and we have the holoroom pretty tightly in our control.

after an INTENSE hour of VERY even gameplay we start getting the upperhand, and slowly winning..
    at the very end, we have a team of HA marines with both GL's and HMGs doing enourmous damage to anything still alive and most places has a siege gun pointed at it so nothing can be built by the aliens..

It was a GREAT team of marines, and i got the Comm praising of a lifeteam..
    Seeing your entire team praise you while winning the game is just a feeling that goes above all and boosts your ego like the first time you were kissed..(remember that?..)

looking back my only regret is.. i didnt make a demo.. and it hurts me so...
    /rant<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Sounds great.. I especially appreciate you gave any new players a chance to comm. Most people freak out when a turret isn't placed where they think it should be.....

Good for you, and maybe I'll see you online sometime....
  • h3nkosh3nkos Join Date: 2002-11-17 Member: 9112Members
  • frances_farmerfrances_farmer Join Date: 2002-10-12 Member: 1485Members
    not to spoil the atmosphere.

but may i ask what the point in quoting the entire post is in your reply zunni. seems very pointless to me.

anyway . . .