Map edittor views seem wrong or is it just me?

MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
It appears the view ports are all backwards compared to other editors, usually north is up from the top down view but here its not which messed with side and front as well, i find this makes mapping awkward as i build with up being north on the top down so things aren't where you expect them to be, hopefully theres an option to change it otherwise shouldn't it be considered a usability issue?

Comments

• LoeyLoey Join Date: 2009-10-31 Member: 69187Members
    i dont see how its a usability issue if its just flipped around, you still get 4 different views from different angles
  • MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
    Ok perhaps thats the wrong word to use but i don't understand why it doesn't act as expected, surely its now considered standard to have norths as up from the top view?
  • SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    I wish i had that problem, build 160 only runs for about 5 minutes until mem climbs then i lose my display window to blackness. Anyone still have a copy of build 159 editor?
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    I am not aware of anyone else having this problem, i run the editor all day, can do for 8 hours straight while photoshop is open with 100's of brushes and some paintings loaded. You sure its not something else?
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1819212:date=Dec 25 2010, 05:07 AM:name=SN.Wolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SN.Wolf @ Dec 25 2010, 05:07 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1819212"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I wish i had that problem, build 160 only runs for about 5 minutes until mem climbs then i lose my display window to blackness. Anyone still have a copy of build 159 editor?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I had a similar issue with my old system.
    Changing viewports or turning on lights adds a lot to that issue.

Did you try to change the texture quality to low in the editor (maybe reboot afterwards)?
  • SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    edited December 2010
    yep, i tried just about everything i could think of, even clocked up my 9800GT 1GB card to the brink of meltdown, hacked my layers into smaller peices, overcooked my cpu to 110% and still same issue. If i run with window down to 300x300 it sorta works but to small to work with. Seems when i use the "move" or scale tool is when i lose display window. I also noticed that when i am idle in editor with all layers off it uses around 1Gb (total system) of ram and climbs slowly to about 3Gb before it locks up. Cores show i'm only running 25% with editor open at idle (total system mem used).

I'll wait for next build to before i fubar my whole project.

BTW: will there be an option to organize layers ,maybe alphabetically or dragging ?

<b>EDIT:</b> It seems the root of my problems was my force-ware drivers where from July and not the latest from October....doh. although still sluggish it works with minimal hangs.
  • TigTig Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    <!--quoteo(post=1819361:date=Dec 25 2010, 11:14 AM:name=SgtBarlow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SgtBarlow @ Dec 25 2010, 11:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1819361"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I am not aware of anyone else having this problem, i run the editor all day, can do for 8 hours straight while photoshop is open with 100's of brushes and some paintings loaded. You sure its not something else?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i run it until it crashes. it's okay, i have 45 backup saves.