Help! Black suit

manjidredmanjidred Join Date: 2010-07-21 Member: 72627Members
hi everyone i have 1 question!!!!!!
i bought special edition . how i use the black suit now? what i have to do to put it on??

Comments

• peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Go into Steam, right click Natural Selection 2 and select 'properties', then view 'DLC'. Is the Black Armor listed there?

If you got it, then it automatically shows ingame you don't have to select it from any menu.
  • Dank McShwaggerDank McShwagger Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67784Members
    Did you just buy the special edition? I think the black armor was meant only for those who purchased the SE prior to the launch of alpha... which was months ago.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    How do you view yourself in game? I bought the SE, and haven't seen anyone with the black armour yet, let alone myself.
  • T_RATT_RAT Join Date: 2002-12-17 Member: 10967Members, Reinforced - Gold
    There is a command you can type in to view yourself in 3rd person. Can't remember what it is..

Saying that I haven't seen anyone in black armor or myself. I pre ordered in alpha when the promo was on as well.

I would also like to know when we get it.. I'm guessing after a few more builds??
  • Dalin SeivewrightDalin Seivewright 0x0000221E Join Date: 2007-10-20 Member: 62685Members, Constellation
    edited December 2010
    <strike>Black Armor isn't in the game yet.</strike>

There is Black Armor when you join a marine team, but for the life of me, I don't remember seeing anyone else on my team as a Black Armored marine, so maybe other clients currently assume they are normal marines?
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just make sure you're not in the ready room. No one has black armor there currently.

There is no black armor first person view atm so it looks like you're using green armor, but actually you're wearing black armor. Seen a bunch of black armor people.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    As mentioned everyone in the RR has green armor, and currently in game the first person view model is only the green version, even if your third person model has the black armor. But people definitely have the black armor. We actually wanted to have more scenes of regular armor marines in our recent trailer, but everytime we recorded footage most of the people on the servers had the black armor.

Anyway, I believe if you type in "thirdperson" in the console it jumps you to 3rd person.

--Cory
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    I have the black armour and see others with it in most games. Perhaps there is a bug going on here?
  • NimbatNimbat Join Date: 2010-11-21 Member: 75146Members
    Confirming that I have black armor and also see other players wearing it. Like Peregrinus said, it might be bug that some people can't see it at all.