problems with game?

n3mon3mo Join Date: 2010-11-15 Member: 74939Members
Hello everyone!

Just have some questions, 1: im playing at full resulotion and when I turn around in game it lags for some reason?(tried with lower resulotion but no change there so its not my computer, is there and option or something to write in console to fix this?
2: And often when i play there is a text saying "connection problems detected" some way to fix this? (not having trouble with other games)

For that reason im not playing more then 1 min.. I now the game is in beta and it will probably be fixed later? so im just wondering if im the only one having these probs or is it a big issue that can be fixed by adjusting some options?

thx for reply!

Comments

• bl1tzbl1tz Join Date: 2007-12-23 Member: 63242Members
    I'm sorry to inform you that the game is currently unplayable. Try again in a few months.
  • tk-421tk-421 Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58315Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    geez man, troll much?

I'm happy to inform you that the game is currently playable, albeit slightly buggy because it is still in heavy development.

1) Graphics are still a bit laggy but it's being worked on. Most likely it's the game and not your comp.

2) Also, the connection problem errors are being optimized as well, hopefully it'll go away in the next few updates.

Your best bet would be to try and find a small server with a low ping to try out NS2.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    And lower graphic settings might help for now (including r_shadows 0 in the console to turn them off, again for now :P)
  • PlasmaPlasma Join Date: 2003-04-26 Member: 15855Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I run the game in a window mode (habit) and usually turn off shadows as suggested above.

The game is definitely playable for me, but does lag to a slideshow every so often depending on what's going on - these are ongoing things being worked on though, so don't fear.
  • n3mon3mo Join Date: 2010-11-15 Member: 74939Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->geez man, troll much?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> hahah, lol. Well if you call my third post for trolling so go ahead XD

Thx for the replys from you all, looking forward to the finished game then :)

cheers!
  • tk-421tk-421 Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58315Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1815408:date=Dec 12 2010, 02:20 PM:name=n3mo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (n3mo @ Dec 12 2010, 02:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1815408"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hahah, lol. Well if you call my third post for trolling so go ahead XD

Thx for the replys from you all, looking forward to the finished game then :)

cheers!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Haha, no no no. Not you at all - I was referring to bl1tz's reply. :)
  • Lemming JesusLemming Jesus Join Date: 2010-04-13 Member: 71385Members
    The game only renders what it thinks you can see. I don't know if it renders what is behind you or not but that would explain the lag from turning around.
  • 1stToast1stToast Join Date: 2007-12-02 Member: 63067Members
    The game is playable and buggy. I'm getting ~40 fps. it seems that new bugs appear as old ones go away. As alien com. I had a drifter build a harvester but the next drifter wouldn't build one. (jest sit on portal). Then I tried to get one to build a crag. New bug, the screen turned all black and brown covering 90% of viewing area.