snap to grid

Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
edited December 2010 in Mapping
<div class="IPBDescription">on already built items</div>Sometimes I find that lines/rectangles I have built are not quite lined up (even though I keep snap to grid on). Is there a way to snap all selected points to grid, <b>after</b> it has been built?

Comments

• UKchaosUKchaos Join Date: 2002-08-10 Member: 1132Members
    edited December 2010
    There is no such feature as far as i know.

To avoid it happening build with coarse grid settings (i.e big squares) and away from other geometry.

Also be careful when moving objects when props are part of the selection. When your objects are selected, use "Move Origin" until a grid-aligned corner is selected and move using that.
  • last_last_ Join Date: 2010-07-14 Member: 72379Members
    You are not the only one having this problem ... i was going to attach a pic of the level geometery i was working on but i cant seem to get the jpg down to less than 30k let alone 200... so anyway, i did what guy above me said and made all faces away from other geometery and rotated them into place/vertice edit ... i am still running into odd holes when i zoom in all the way though... very frustrating but i am dealing with it as i come across them so... i cant really offer any advice just letting you know that i feel your pain. !!
  • yimmasabiyimmasabi Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58318Members
    After a long time I found that sometimes you should look directly to the face (normal with 90deg) to catch snaps better.
  • LoeyLoey Join Date: 2009-10-31 Member: 69187Members
    are you drawing in the 3D viewport of one of the 2D ones?