New alien building idea

ZakZak Join Date: 2010-07-23 Member: 72701Members
I've been thinking about something over the past few days. Dynamic Infestation is going to eventually be implemented, why not have a building that relates to that and then some? So i came up with the Incubator!(Really dumb sounding right?)

Its passive features is that it spreads DI in its vicinity (Around the AOE that the crag has, probaly more) and that eggs around it grow faster(suggesting that UWE will tweak eggs to slowly grow and stuff in the future) and have more armor.

The activated ability would be to spit out a mobile helper unit that can defend the area and can spread special DI in other places(Much like the Overlords do in starcraft 2) to speed up the construction time of buildings there.

Upgrades could include giving newborn aliens a temporary boost to health/armor/speed.

Really this is just an idea, because i see the marines have so many units and buildings compared to aliens that there need to be more than just crags whips and shades. So what do you guys think?

Comments

• PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Hmm, or we could just make the Shift into the DI spreading structure, being the movement-based building and all...

Food for thought, no harm no foul :)
  • ZakZak Join Date: 2010-07-23 Member: 72701Members
    Idk, i bet UWE has a building planned already to be part of DI
  • intellixintellix Join Date: 2008-03-24 Member: 63950Members
    That sounds really cool I think.. with the eggs slowly growing out of DI. I'm dying to see DI implemented actually :D
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    Hm. Guessing UWE has an idea, but let's throw some out anyways!

I would guess Gorges could play a role in spreading DI. It sounds like something they would do.

Another is the comm would build something like Creep Tumors in StarCraft that can be moved along creep and once setup spawn creep.

And there should be the natural spread due to control of the res nodes, power nodes, etc.