pre-order question

SorelSorel Join Date: 2009-08-15 Member: 68498Members
<div class="IPBDescription">right forum i hope</div>So, as a direct result of the Beta, and my undying love for UWE, I finally pre-ordered. I'm not sure if it'll run well on my computer (macbook pro dual booting mac os x and Windows 7), but we'll find out. Either way, I want to express my support for UWE.

Here's my question: how long does it take to get my key? I ordered yesterday but still don't have one. I added UWE to my contacts list on my email address, and I went to the faq and requested that another e-mail be sent. Should I keep waiting, or what?

I'd love to get my hands on the Beta to help provide feedback, as my paypal transaction has been processed, but tbh I'm just happy to have supported UWE, as I'm confident this issue will be sorted out sooner or later.

Thanks for the help folks

Comments

• ClamchopClamchop Join Date: 2010-11-21 Member: 75139Members
    My key initially went into the spam folder on Gmail. I had to go in there and unmark it for it to show up in my normal inbox. If you added the UWE contacts to your email after it was sent it will probably not automatically move it out of the spam folder so I'd check there first.
  • _Thresh__Thresh_ Join Date: 2008-01-11 Member: 63385Members
    should receive instantly fyi
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    For me it worked immediatly.

My fault was, that I first looked at the email-account I'm using in this Forum, but of course it is sent to your paypal email-adress. Maybe that's the problem ^^

Anyway if you don't get it you probably have to wait, they just went to holiday...
  • EnceladusEnceladus Join Date: 2004-01-18 Member: 25442Members
    You can always go to
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve</a>

and get your key resend :)
  • SorelSorel Join Date: 2009-08-15 Member: 68498Members
    Thanks guys, I'll give my spam folder a look. I don't *think* it's there but we'll see. Part of the problem may be that my e-mail address has changed slightly. Went from being myemail@mail.myschool.edu to myemail@u.myschool.edu.

The former should still work, and that's my paypal address. So...yeah. Well anyway thanks for the help guys, once I'm home I'll check to see if I have my key in my spam folder or something.

If I need to wait until after Thanksgiving break then that's cool, long as it ends up working out.
    <!--quoteo(post=1809498:date=Nov 23 2010, 05:23 PM:name=Sorcerer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sorcerer @ Nov 23 2010, 05:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1809498"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You can always go to
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve</a>

and get your key resend :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah I tried that yesterday and had no luck, but I may give it another shot :)
  • dnleechdnleech Join Date: 2005-02-02 Member: 39504Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1809505:date=Nov 23 2010, 06:29 PM:name=Sorel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sorel @ Nov 23 2010, 06:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1809505"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah I tried that yesterday and had no luck, but I may give it another shot :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There were issues with UWE correspondence arriving to certain email domains very late (in some cases 24hrs or more). For instance, I know yahoo email addresses had this problem. I would either wait it out or change your email address in the system to a gmail account for example and then request the key again.
    <!--quoteo(post=1809516:date=Nov 23 2010, 05:59 PM:name=dnleech)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dnleech @ Nov 23 2010, 05:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1809516"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There were issues with UWE correspondence arriving to certain email domains very late (in some cases 24hrs or more). For instance, I know yahoo email addresses had this problem. I would either wait it out or change your email address in the system to a gmail account for example and then request the key again.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah still no e-mail. I tried changing my e-mail, but the issue is that I'm supposed to receive a validation e-mail from UWE, which will be sent to the e-mail that has this correspondence issue. So that's a problem :D

I'll wait for like 48 hours before trying to address it further
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    If none of the above methods work (thanks for helping him guys!), then fire an email to store@unknownworlds.com and I can look into it.
    edited November 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1809609:date=Nov 23 2010, 08:37 PM:name=Comprox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Comprox @ Nov 23 2010, 08:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1809609"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If none of the above methods work (thanks for helping him guys!), then fire an email to store@unknownworlds.com and I can look into it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks very much! I'll try that right now.

Edit: I just sent an e-mail, and received the auto-reply with advice similar to what I read above. Just so you know Comprox, none of the fixes worked, and I don't technically have access to my old e-mail (my college replaced my old address, even though the beginning of it remains the same...I explain that vague phrasing in the e-mail, sorry for not being clear).

Thanks for the help sport, looking forward to corresponding with you