Bug/Crash - Console J1 - J2

jolithjolith Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75063Members
edited November 2010 in NS2 General Discussion
Hi, just want to say that I've been lurking around waiting for Natural selection 2 to launch, and while I didn't get around to get the gold version I did jump towards the standard issue as soon as it was available!

With that said, I did spend about forty-five minutes today attempting to join servers and reporting various crash reports until I decided to take a look see if others were feeling the same issues. Search proved fruitless, so I'm creating a new thread to see if it's only me.

When I successfully join a server (After a minute of connection issues detected and looping sound errors) I get a message that I'm in the ready room. "Open console and type j1 or j2 to play!"

The moment I type "j1" or "j2" in the console, I crash. I've reproduced this multiple times, and I have not once been able to join a team using that command.

The one time I did join a team I had walked into the 'join random' sign and was placed on the aliens team... I think. There were models, yet everything was textureless and colored a bright teal. I crashed shortly after.

I was wondering if the game was installed incorrectly by steam, so I verified the game cache and file integrity and both came back positive.

Is anyone else feeling this as well?

Spec\
Windows XP
Intel core2 duo cpu, e7400 @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
2046MB Mem
NVidia Geforce 9800 GT

I think that's all the stuff needed for troubleshooting right? I'm kind of new at this.

Comments

• RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Difficult to say, but the only thing I could suggest is adjusting your graphical settings to see if you get different results. Common sense I know.

I also found that I got better performance when I disabled catalyst AI on my radeon card in the CC settings, that is if you have a card by AMD.

Best thing to do is post your spec here for the devs.
  • whocareswcwhocareswc Join Date: 2007-07-31 Member: 61735Members
    As im sure your aware this is in Beta. this doesnt mean a Blizzard Beta, just a standard old things dont always work Beta. if j1 and j2 dont work try rr. and see what happens. or just wait a little longer and you will pop into the ready room anyway.

things are getting fixed, sadly you have to be patient

:)