Just fyi

SuomisSuomis Join Date: 2010-11-18 Member: 74998Members
Im trying to get a NS2 sub forum on the Steam forums, so if the NS2 guys want to try and get dev tags, you should also try to contribute on my thread: <a href="http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18742202#post18742202" target="_blank">http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...02#post18742202</a>

Also: Why is there no "contact us by email" on your webpages?

Comments

• spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/help/" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/help/</a>

There's a "or write us." spot with a link to their e-mail.
  • SuomisSuomis Join Date: 2010-11-18 Member: 74998Members
    Oh sorry didnt realize to check out the Unknown Worlds site, since Ive been using "http://www.naturalselection2.com/".
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
  • devicenulldevicenull Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15967Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Why exactly do we need separate forums? Even more so on the steam forums, where the signal to noise ratio is very low.
  • Shoot_meShoot_me Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8696Members
    Ugh... STEAM? Really?! Arg... I guess I should follow NS2's development more closely... Looks like I'll be passing on this game... was looking forward to NS2... oh well. =\

The positive side to having a STEAM forum though is that hopefully it'll catch the majority of any possible STEAM-related issues that might arise. Though, you still run the risk of fracturing the NS2 community a bit.
    IMO we need a sub forum for Steam cause that way people that are not here can post too. I usually dont register to game specific forums cause I wont visit them anyways. This is the only thread Ive actually read on these entire forums. I just dont like registering to many forums for the same purpose.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1806690:date=Nov 19 2010, 07:48 AM:name=Shoot_me)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shoot_me @ Nov 19 2010, 07:48 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1806690"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ugh... STEAM? Really?! Arg... I guess I should follow NS2's development more closely... Looks like I'll be passing on this game... was looking forward to NS2... oh well. =\

The positive side to having a STEAM forum though is that hopefully it'll catch the majority of any possible STEAM-related issues that might arise. Though, you still run the risk of fracturing the NS2 community a bit.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Steam used to be awful. I'm not sure if you have used it in the last year or so, because it works great..

So far no one has had any problems at all running it on steam, so I'm not sure where this hate has come from. I am sure 99% of people will agree with me on this. It is a move forward for pc gaming, and helps teams like this distribute games more easily.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Introduction steam was horrific, but steam has matured into one of the most amazing distribution and anti piracy platform known to man. Still sucks "off-line mode" isn't really off-line until at least connecting to internetZ once (or has this been fixed?)
    Nope, has not been fixed. And will not be :/
  • BarerRudeROCBarerRudeROC Join Date: 2010-10-01 Member: 74264Members
    edited November 2010
    I personally love steam.
    All the hate has originated from its first build.
    It has grown a lot since then and there a far fewer problems.
    IMO Steam was the best option of choice for NS2 and I can't think of anything better.
    The only thing I hate about steam now are the GFWL games they sell.

Call me a steam-fanboy but it really is the better choice.
  • Shoot_meShoot_me Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8696Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1806899:date=Nov 19 2010, 11:24 AM:name=Runteh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runteh @ Nov 19 2010, 11:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1806899"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Steam used to be awful. I'm not sure if you have used it in the last year or so, because it works great..

So far no one has had any problems at all running it on steam, so I'm not sure where this hate has come from. I am sure 99% of people will agree with me on this. It is a move forward for pc gaming, and helps teams like this distribute games more easily.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I have used STEAM since it came out, I still use it today.. It looks prettier now, the extra features actually work now... but when it comes to updates, STEAM still does what it used to even in the early days. Don't care for it, but if I'm going to rant about it, I'll do it in a proper forum/thread. As for the hate, no, you misunderstand; I don't hate STEAM, I just don't like it. Already have to much money tied into the STEAM platform, not dumping any more into it. If I (or VALVe) lost my account, I'd be out of some $$.

<!--quoteo(post=1806914:date=Nov 19 2010, 12:11 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Nov 19 2010, 12:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1806914"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Introduction steam was horrific, but steam has matured into one of the most amazing distribution and anti piracy platform known to man. Still sucks "off-line mode" isn't really off-line until at least connecting to internetZ once (or has this been fixed?)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm on satellite, so I get to see STEAM misbehave all the time. When you're on a high-latency broadband connection UI lag/lockups to name a couple become the norm for STEAM. Draconian update scheme, non-existent user level version control and weekly patches from *#)$(%&*)$, eh, I'm not a fan...