Known problems with 154 we're looking into

13»

Comments

• PlasmaPlasma Join Date: 2003-04-26 Member: 15855Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2010
    My log is from a game server (dedicated) running the console server.exe

A bug tracker / central place for reports would have been good; scattered over forums/getsatisfaction w/o acknowledgement etc is not very enticing to submit reports in the future since its not worth the effort heh :)
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2010
    - Alien Armor upgrade 2 is upgrade 3 and upgrade 3 is upgrade 2, so you need 3 hives to research armor 2 and 3.
    - Lots of props and textures are gone. (Tram, i dont care bout the other maps atm)
    - Shadow or texture problem - ya know.
    - Skulks should be faster then marines, marines can outrun them with sprint - and are as fast as them without.
    - Black Armor is hard to see, i want my alien flashlight back.
    - Sound loops, double sound, footsteps etc.
    - Stutter/rubber-banding, huge fps drops at some places (f<u><b>ps for the comms is still really bad</b></u>)
    - Hotkeys, pressing "B" as alien com doesnt work. it jumps back.
    - Research/Progressbars are missing for alien structures.
    - Scaling Slider for the UI would be nice, or fully adjustable?
    - Cant build more then 1 structure with multiple builders selected, so i have to select them manually one after another. (aliiens)
    - A Rallypoint flag would be nice, so u have feedback that u changed your rally point and not just clicked somewhere.
    - Hotkey for idle builders ?
    - Playername isnt updated from steam, so i had to change it via console.
    - Minimap is still moving a little bit up and down(jitter) (Tram, as i said i dont care about the other maps atm)
    - Minimap viewpoint after clicking is changing position. it jumps somewhere else.
    - dunno if your artist is on vacation, or a new ui is coming but the ui isn't getting better and has still A LOT TEXT instead of icons.
    - TAB through units in a group is missing. -> select a group of builders and then press tab to select a single one of them, again to select another etc....
    - Shift + build -> "ghost" structures are missing (the whole shift + build stuff doesnt work right, if u got more than one builders selected)
    - if you right click on the map some lights are flashing for the marine commander, its the little corridor before double res after u go down from alien hive 2.
    - autocast would be nice on some structures, => autoumbra if something shoots at alien structures or players next to a crag
    - the ip is closing after being attacked and reopens a sec after it, is it a turtle?

and a lot more, but thats it for today.
  • Mkk_BitestuffMkk_Bitestuff Join Date: 2003-01-17 Member: 12407Members
    edited November 2010
    My log is from the game client, when i was playing on a dedicated server. I can provide the full log if you want.
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    anyone know if leap research is in yet? i couldn't find a way to upgrade it.
  • ArcadianArcadian Join Date: 2008-11-30 Member: 65617Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1806139:date=Nov 17 2010, 06:55 PM:name=SgtBarlow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SgtBarlow @ Nov 17 2010, 06:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1806139"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Apparently the issue your experiencing is a result of being out of Video Memory. Try running the game on Medium quailty and let me know if the issue remains, i think there may be a bizarr issue with 1GB Cards that are fine on Meduim.
    I will pass this on for you.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks Sgt. The issue is gone on medium.
  • PlasmaPlasma Join Date: 2003-04-26 Member: 15855Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I commented out a lot of Update() method's body (when possible) and saw some FPS increase; but overall it was still pretty similar or clunky on a local LAN server with just me.

I notice I usually have poor performance when the console (in client or server) is being spammed with log lines about nil values / invalid method calls etc; perhaps thats a source of performance problems too when the game starts to progress.

Really wish for the day its as smooth as silk though to play; it will be so much more fun. I get glimpses of the game being fun but when the lag starts its all down hill :)
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    Minimap is kinda quirky still, seems to move around a bit.
  • CerebralCerebral Join Date: 2003-06-25 Member: 17689Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1806185:date=Nov 18 2010, 02:51 AM:name=Wheeee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wheeee @ Nov 18 2010, 02:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1806185"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->anyone know if leap research is in yet? i couldn't find a way to upgrade it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's supposedly going to be an upgrade researched on the Whip which is not implemented in the current build.
    I wonder if there is lag due to disk logs being written (is fsync being used?) on the server and/or client that is degrading performance?
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1806177:date=Nov 18 2010, 03:55 AM:name=Koruyo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Koruyo @ Nov 18 2010, 03:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1806177"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->- List of bugs<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thank you, Will see if these exist in our current build and get them submitted.

<!--quoteo(post=1806181:date=Nov 18 2010, 05:15 AM:name=Mkk_Bitestuff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mkk_Bitestuff @ Nov 18 2010, 05:15 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1806181"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My log is from the game client, when i was playing on a dedicated server. I can provide the full log if you want.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Cheers

<!--quoteo(post=1806192:date=Nov 18 2010, 10:11 AM:name=Plasma)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Plasma @ Nov 18 2010, 10:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1806192"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I commented out a lot of Update() method's body (when possible) and saw some FPS increase; but overall it was still pretty similar or clunky on a local LAN server with just me.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Could you PM or e-mail some more details? Thanks.
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1806188:date=Nov 18 2010, 07:55 AM:name=Arcadian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Arcadian @ Nov 18 2010, 07:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1806188"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thanks Sgt. The issue is gone on medium.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What happens if you run on high while running the game in Compatability mode with WinXP SP3?
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2010
    You are right about the 'quality' settings.

I can't run above 'awful' setting, but then I do have a 128mb card. Lowering this solves the black screen it seems.
  • Stele007Stele007 Join Date: 2004-07-23 Member: 30063Members
    My framerate improved noticeably. It seems to maybe have gone slightly backward as far as overall performance (server or networking?) though. It was running kinda bad last night with just 4 people in the game (2 in RR) and ended up crashing but when the server was dying my framerate stayed fairly smooth. I haven't used Fraps with it yet, so I didn't catch what my actual fps was. It was high enough to reliably track marines/skulks while playing as the other team though (when the server wasn't stuttering, anyway).

Also, maybe it's just me, but does the game look better now? I don't know what it is, but I don't remember it looking quite as good as it does now.

Using...
    Radeon 5770
    Intel Core i5 2.8Ghz
    4GB DDR3
  • {FRG}Stinkbugg{FRG}Stinkbugg Join Date: 2010-06-28 Member: 72189Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1806139:date=Nov 17 2010, 06:55 PM:name=SgtBarlow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SgtBarlow @ Nov 17 2010, 06:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1806139"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Apparently the issue your experiencing is a result of being out of Video Memory. Try running the game on Medium quailty and let me know if the issue remains, i think there may be a bizarr issue with 1GB Cards that are fine on Meduim.
    I will pass this on for you.

I used to run SLI, I currently run one as a physics processor with no bridge connector, give that ago. Need some sort of confirmation its not something else rather than just an SLI problem. It realy should not be an issue as its supposed to be handled automaticaly by the Drivers.
    Also try altenrate Frame Rednering if its not already set to it, should be by default?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Still no luck... btw Fade Video looks nice, but think twice about rushing for Beta.. game not there yet.. don't feel like you have to make haste oon things..
  • cmc5788cmc5788 Join Date: 2009-10-06 Member: 68959Members
    Since the patch, I've been having problems with missing/flickering textures on very specific points in the level. Changing graphics quality doesn't matter, reinstalled the game after deleting all its files didn't help. The glitches always happen in the same places.
  • {FRG}Stinkbugg{FRG}Stinkbugg Join Date: 2010-06-28 Member: 72189Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1806236:date=Nov 18 2010, 12:39 PM:name=SgtBarlow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SgtBarlow @ Nov 18 2010, 12:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1806236"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What happens if you run on high while running the game in Compatability mode with WinXP SP3?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Just deleted and reloaded it.. menu opens... havent tried game yet but seems to work.. must of gotten buggedd
  • OngreOngre Join Date: 2009-02-05 Member: 66309Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1806411:date=Nov 19 2010, 12:33 AM:name=cmc5788)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmc5788 @ Nov 19 2010, 12:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1806411"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Since the patch, I've been having problems with missing/flickering textures on very specific points in the level. Changing graphics quality doesn't matter, reinstalled the game after deleting all its files didn't help. The glitches always happen in the same places.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Same, eggs got texture-holes I can see through, some floor untextured, etc
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2010
    - Fade can blink into some vents. (that way its possible to get under the long tram tunnel(skulks will know what i mean), and blink out of there (bigger holes) - at some vent u can get out of the map too)
    - Observatory Scan isnt a circle(u know that i guess ^^), and builders try to construct them if u scan next to them.
    - The Obs got the same hit animation problem as the ip
    - The armory doesnt have a on hit animation
    - Dunno if distress becon works or not... maybe im too stupid.
    - Marine "B" Build Hotkey seems to have some problems too.
    - Quick Message stuff still circles to the weapon and back after u say one. *chuckles*
    - The flying bullets thing doesnt look right like in other games, for the lerk its ok.
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1806458:date=Nov 18 2010, 09:01 PM:name=Ongre)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ongre @ Nov 18 2010, 09:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1806458"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Same, eggs got texture-holes I can see through, some floor untextured, etc<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    oh yeah i was wondering about the cracks in the eggs. i guess it was a bug after all.
  • resresresresresres Join Date: 2007-10-16 Member: 62652Members
    And this:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've noticed that after one online connected game, I can't reconnect again if I disconnect, unless I restart the game.

Also a bug: When you open menu, while gestating in an egg, and you are still in the options menu, when gestation completes - you cannot close the options menu unless you restart the game (console quit)

Server randomly restarts - after a few minutes into any session (this was a 3M v 2A) - the game just restarted (on NS_Mineshaft(?)) - can't say why, but it happened about 3-4 times in 1hour.

Loading the game takes up to 5 minutes, more if high level graphics are used - and then, it chugs at about 1 frame per 10 sec!
    GTx260+, 4GB Ram, 1.8GHz DUO, WinXP - Running at 800x600 at medium or 1024x728(ish?) at low = 30-50 fps depending on the room and what's happening in it (full-screen).

Also, in 800x600 in windowed mode, the Server list ends off the window, instead of truncating correctly when it reaches the screen end.

*I'll put my problems into feedback too. If anyone finds these bugs too. Haven't tested Marine side yet, but noticed that a lot of people had issues with aim, probably due to fps + display settings + mouse sensitivity settings.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    I believe all of these problems are fixed in the next versions. Fingers crossed!
This discussion has been closed.