You think there will be a release today?

Comments

• Baron_Bad_EggBaron_Bad_Egg Join Date: 2004-07-09 Member: 29823Banned
    <!--quoteo(post=1802420:date=Oct 22 2010, 09:45 PM:name=Tacota)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tacota @ Oct 22 2010, 09:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802420"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You're retarded. Like he said, maybe.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

nice insult. i don't think you understood what i was saying. but either way, u win this internet duel!

and yea, he said maybe. but that's the closest to ANY POSSIBILITY of a new release being twittered after 3 months.... don't you think that that would get people really hopeful? was there thought behind that? when people give up do u dangle some hope in front of them only to pull it away? like i said, it still could come out today (it's only like 430 in cali right now) but if it's not released, I'd still call it a ######-up. UWE seems to lack good PR.
  • TacotaTacota Join Date: 2009-10-12 Member: 69027Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1802424:date=Oct 22 2010, 10:11 PM:name=Baron_Bad_Egg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Baron_Bad_Egg @ Oct 22 2010, 10:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802424"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->nice insult. i don't think you understood what i was saying. but either way, u win this internet duel!

and yea, he said maybe. but that's the closest to ANY POSSIBILITY of a new release being twittered after 3 months.... don't you think that that would get people really hopeful? was there thought behind that? when people give up do u dangle some hope in front of them only to pull it away? like i said, it still could come out today (it's only like 430 in cali right now) but if it's not released, I'd still call it a ######-up. UWE seems to lack good PR.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Saying it should lead you to believe that there will be a patch very soon. Maybe today, but if maybe today then definitely within the next day or so in my opinion.

Its not messed up of them to do it, I love updates and I love getting excited over the fact that we can now count on one VERY soon. its messed up of you to misinterpret the word maybe. I now direct you to dictionary.com.
    again, u fail to grasp what im saying. never mind. as i said, u win the internets.
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2010
    @Baron_Bad_Egg:

Nope you won the internets, for saying he won the internets.
    - And i won the internets too, for not explaining you why.

:)
  • juicejuice Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12886Members, Constellation
    Maybe: as it may be, can be, conceivable, conceivably, could be, credible, feasible, imaginably, it could be, might be, obtainable, perchance, perhaps, weather permitting
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1802416:date=Oct 23 2010, 11:14 AM:name=Baron_Bad_Egg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Baron_Bad_Egg @ Oct 23 2010, 11:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802416"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->that'd be awesome except they'd be getting drunk with the money we gave them, then misled us. so let's hope that's not the case. we can just put this under the category of "###### up" if they don't release the patch today.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wow man. Just wow. So UWE doesn't work 60 hour weeks for you because you gave them forty... wait wait... FOR-TY dollars.

I actually want the patch to be delayed two weeks now, just so you don't ever feel like they're working for your rediculous demands.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    lol you tease and you get annoyed when people get excited? did you really expect people ON THE INTERNET to react patiently?
  • meh`meh` Join Date: 2009-03-10 Member: 66691Members
    :O at the progress page.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Ah that's unfortunate about the patch, though I'm glad you guys are really pushing to deliver the huge contents!
    i was right. ha.

and NSHDwhateverthe######imadevideosandcommented do they really tell u how many hours they work a week in the first place? and it's not only me that paid FOR-TY dollars, a ###### load of people did (btw, if you want to emphasis forty dollars, "FOR-TY" doesn't really have that affect). You want the patch released later than it should be? In that case, ###### you. I paid for it. You just said you wanted to deny me what i bought. so yea, ###### you you foreign ######. Don't get involved with me personally (in this case money, which inevitably affects life). Don't try and compare your value of FOR-TY dollars to mine. Some people are in hard times. All i said was that i hope your post wasnt what really happened. I didn't say they did it and ###### us over. read.

and koruyo.... if i win.. then awesome. lol (in soviet russia, the internets win u!)
  • WatchMakerWatchMaker Join Date: 2003-09-26 Member: 21233Members, Constellation
    "To unite the world through play."
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1802443:date=Oct 23 2010, 03:34 PM:name=Baron_Bad_Egg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Baron_Bad_Egg @ Oct 23 2010, 03:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802443"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i was right. ha.

and NSHDwhateverthe######imadevideosandcommented do they really tell u how many hours they work a week in the first place? and it's not only me that paid FOR-TY dollars, a ###### load of people did (btw, if you want to emphasis forty dollars, "FOR-TY" doesn't really have that affect). You want the patch released later than it should be? In that case, ###### you. I paid for it. You just said you wanted to deny me what i bought. so yea, ###### you you foreign ######. Don't get involved with me personally (in this case money, which inevitably affects life). Don't try and compare your value of FOR-TY dollars to mine. Some people are in hard times. All i said was that i hope your post wasnt what really happened. I didn't say they did it and ###### us over. read.

and koruyo.... if i win.. then awesome. lol (in soviet russia, the internets win u!)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I just wanted to qoute this so it gets posted again. For clarity's sake.

Cheers,

A 'Foreign *(&#'
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    "Dang - still got a show-stopper or two which we need to fix. Still working on it but don't think the patch will be tonight. #fb"

Oooo ya i knew something would delay the patch... but who knew a few bugs would be the reason. I was more going to assume it would be some unknown unnamed unmentioned reason.

Anyway, apparently, the devs are only capable of sending us >>1<< patch. It feels like their designing a mission to mars, while forgetting its still possible to send software patches to such robotic missions, while their sitting on another planet <a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/5022524.stm" target="_blank">http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/5022524.stm</a> Ugg... bad example perhaps... OK it's as if their designing a probe that will be travelling faster then light, therefore it would be impossible (without ftl communications) to send software patches to the probe... but wouldn't such a probe also be travelling into the future, and maybe not be able to send any data back to earths past for analyzing? If so then whose idea was it to poor billions into this ###### up mission...

The point is their is no point...for the devs to finely polish, to beyond beta-standards, an alpha patch. At least that is my interpretation. Also they should of been releasing hundreds of mini-patches up to this point. Or did they not realize that months and months of polishing a local build = months and months of people running the same old crappy build (well not actually running)...
  • SoulzzSoulzz Join Date: 2010-05-02 Member: 71597Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1802454:date=Oct 23 2010, 12:24 AM:name=FocusedWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FocusedWolf @ Oct 23 2010, 12:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802454"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Dang - still got a show-stopper or two which we need to fix. Still working on it but don't think the patch will be tonight. #fb"

Oooo ya i knew something would delay the patch... but who knew a few bugs would be the reason. I was more going to assume it would be some unknown unnamed unmentioned reason.

Anyway, apparently, the devs are only capable of sending us >>1<< patch. It feels like their designing a mission to mars, while forgetting its still possible to send software patches to such robotic missions, while their sitting on another planet <a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/5022524.stm" target="_blank">http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/5022524.stm</a> Ugg... bad example perhaps... OK it's as if their designing a probe that will be travelling faster then light, therefore it would be impossible (without ftl communications) to send software patches to the probe... but wouldn't such a probe also be travelling into the future, and maybe not be able to send any data back to earths past for analyzing? If so then whose idea was it to poor billions into this ###### up mission...

The point is their is no point...for the devs to finely polish, to beyond beta-standards, an alpha patch. At least that is my interpretation. Also they should of been releasing hundreds of mini-patches up to this point. Or did they not realize that months and months of polishing a local build = months and months of people running the same old crappy build (well not actually running)...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    So you want a patch that is unplayable? Give them a break... geez.
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1802434:date=Oct 23 2010, 05:50 AM:name=schkorpio)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (schkorpio @ Oct 23 2010, 05:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802434"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->lol you tease and you get annoyed when people get excited? did you really expect people ON THE INTERNET to react patiently?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Exactly.
    All that hyping, de-hyping, re-hyping. It's like an emotional roller coaster. I'm already taking pills to get through this :D

Anyway, you can see the devs are just as excited to get that patch out as we are, when they can't stay on top of their PR-work.

And I would be pissed about these threads aswell, considering how many of them we already had and that you can discuss this subject in the progress- or twitter thread aswell.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    At least the community is going metal about the impending release I suppose. I think you might have made the team do an all nighter by the looks of things. You horrible people!
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    edited October 2010
    Hehe, the theory of traveling at the speed of light takes you into the future is pretty messed, specialy if you apply it to fiber-optic broadband. O_o

* The 404 error page would be "Sorry the page you request could not be displayed because it went into the future.

<!--coloro:#00BFFF--><span style="color:#00BFFF"><!--/coloro-->"Click here to be alerted when you catch-up with the request"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • weezlweezl Join Date: 2008-07-04 Member: 64557Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    f*ck sake stfu little whiny kiddies!
    the ONLY reason you're demanding anything from UWE is because they (uniquely) decided to share their development process.
    every other game has similar problems, except noone outside the dev team ever finds out.

what part of finished when finished is so hard to get?
    shame to see UWE bending to the community pressure...
  • SupernornSupernorn Best. Picture. Ever. Made. Ever. Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7608Members, Constellation
    It has become very painful reading these forums.
  • CrowCrow Melbourne Join Date: 2003-01-16 Member: 12376Members
    The recent popularity of these kind of topics is testament to the desperation and annoyance of the community. Which is leading to a pressure on the developers to work weekends and produce something quickly.

Nothing really wrong with that.

They'll thank us in 10 years time when they remember those intense developing days. My tip to the devs is: smile through the fatigue and pain, you asked for all of this ;)
  • Revi.ukRevi.uk Join Date: 2010-04-12 Member: 71354Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1802463:date=Oct 23 2010, 02:37 PM:name=Crow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Crow @ Oct 23 2010, 02:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802463"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The recent popularity of these kind of topics is testament to the desperation and annoyance of the community. Which is leading to a pressure on the developers to work weekends and produce something quickly.

Nothing really wrong with that.

They'll thank us in 10 years time when they remember those intense developing days. My tip to the devs is: smile through the fatigue and pain, you asked for all of this ;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Best post I've read for a long time on these boards.

Bravo.
  • saltybp53saltybp53 Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72675Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1802462:date=Oct 23 2010, 09:03 AM:name=Supernorn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Supernorn @ Oct 23 2010, 09:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802462"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It has become very painful reading these forums.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This.
  • minimminim Join Date: 2009-05-14 Member: 67408Members
    I wonder if they will put in a few hours on this saturday in order to get the patch out or if they will wait until monday.
  • Evil_bOb1Evil_bOb1 Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 938Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1802462:date=Oct 23 2010, 07:03 AM:name=Supernorn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Supernorn @ Oct 23 2010, 07:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802462"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It has become very painful reading these forums.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ahhhhhh! The good old days... :D Sometimes I wonder if a lot of accounts are real people. Their talk is just disconnected, blaming and justifying it because its on the internet. I don't understand why people act like this because its on the internet. Could it be that the internet is all they know? And that is why they don't feel real? They have no life? hahahahahaha. You can't trick anyone. Even on the internet!

And back to topic. Today? tomorrow? now? yesterday? whatever! The food tells you when it's cooked, until then, time is yours.
  • whocareswcwhocareswc Join Date: 2007-07-31 Member: 61735Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1802462:date=Oct 23 2010, 01:03 PM:name=Supernorn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Supernorn @ Oct 23 2010, 01:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802462"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It has become very painful reading these forums.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i went to the toilet and then started to read them again.. and it was a lot better.. you should give it a go
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1802454:date=Oct 23 2010, 03:24 AM:name=FocusedWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FocusedWolf @ Oct 23 2010, 03:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802454"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Dang - still got a show-stopper or two which we need to fix. Still working on it but don't think the patch will be tonight. #fb"

The point is their is no point...for the devs to finely polish, to beyond beta-standards, an alpha patch. At least that is my interpretation. Also they should of been releasing hundreds of mini-patches up to this point. Or did they not realize that months and months of polishing a local build = months and months of people running the same old crappy build (well not actually running)...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    An unplayable alpha causes a lot more complaints and ill will than a late patch. If UWE keeps releasing patches that still don't make the game playable, it will start to shake people's faith in the game. Most people don't get worked up that the patch is taking a long time, they just move on and do something else. Better than coming back to try a new patch every week and being disappointed every time.
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1802500:date=Oct 23 2010, 05:23 PM:name=Zek)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zek @ Oct 23 2010, 05:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802500"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->An unplayable alpha causes a lot more complaints and ill will than a late patch. If UWE keeps releasing patches that still don't make the game playable, it will start to shake people's faith in the game. Most people don't get worked up that the patch is taking a long time, they just move on and do something else. Better than coming back to try a new patch every week and being disappointed every time.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hmm true from a playing-game perspective, but wouldn't it benefit the map makers and modders to be running the latest developmental build, even with the networking issues which are meaningless because they would be running in single player anyway? Maybe i'm just seeing the "fun" that is available outside of a multiplayer-game experience, i.e. exploring the media assets with a model viewer is one example of how people are enjoying the latest releases.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1802461:date=Oct 23 2010, 10:40 PM:name=weezl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (weezl @ Oct 23 2010, 10:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802461"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->f*ck sake stfu little whiny kiddies!
    the ONLY reason you're demanding anything from UWE is because they (uniquely) decided to share their development process.
    every other game has similar problems, except noone outside the dev team ever finds out.

shame to see UWE bending to the community pressure...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

its not meant to be finished, we're waiting for the "regular 1-2 week alpha patches" and its been 3 months. Sure there have a few show stoppers that stop people from playing the game, i still think that having a 2 week mini patch would be much better even if there are only small improvements.

it sounds it will be a beta release by the time this next patch comes around
  • FuzionMonkeyFuzionMonkey Join Date: 2005-05-04 Member: 50889Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1802461:date=Oct 23 2010, 08:40 AM:name=weezl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (weezl @ Oct 23 2010, 08:40 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802461"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->f*ck sake stfu little whiny kiddies!

shame to see UWE bending to the community pressure...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

UWE is also unique in that they charged extra for alpha access, and using that money to finance the development of the game.

Normally large publishers finance game development. In this case, us, the players are financing it.

I want UWE to do what is best for the game, but that doesn't change the fact that we paid for alpha access. In many ways we have the right to complain. If players didn't pay extra for alpha access, then your argument would be completely valid, but this case is unique.
  • TacotaTacota Join Date: 2009-10-12 Member: 69027Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1802443:date=Oct 23 2010, 01:34 AM:name=Baron_Bad_Egg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Baron_Bad_Egg @ Oct 23 2010, 01:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802443"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i was right. ha.

and koruyo.... if i win.. then awesome. lol (in soviet russia, the internets win u!)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You have some issues kid.

Don't ever pay for an alpha or beta again, you don't seem to understand what you are paying for. You got what you paid for, go play it, its on Steam right now. If you can't handle an alpha, then don't opt into one.
This discussion has been closed.