Banned from IRC for asking for help. WTF

MasterchiefMasterchief Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18817Members
edited September 2010 in NS2 General Discussion
I purchased the game and was having issues running it(kept crashing at start up). So I logged into IRC as NSPlayer to ask for help. This is EXACTLY how the conversation went.

Me: "Hey guys, is this chat for support"
someadmin "Oh looks like you changed your IP"

Then I was banned. I didn't catch the admins name but this PISSES me the ###### OFF. Now not only can I not get my game running, but I got ###### banned for asking for help. Nice ###### customer service.

22:06 Global ---------- END OF MESSAGE(S) OF THE DAY ----------
22:06 You are banned from the channel #naturalselection

If you can't tell, I'm mad. This is ###### ridiculous, what kind of people are givin admin around here?

Comments

• CrispixCrispix Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59543Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1798491:date=Sep 14 2010, 12:11 AM:name=Masterchief)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Masterchief @ Sep 14 2010, 12:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1798491"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I purchased the game and was having issues running it(kept crashing at start up). So I logged into IRC as NSPlayer to ask for help. This is EXACTLY how the conversation went.

Me: "Hey guys, is this chat for support"
    someadmin "Oh looks like you changed your IP"

Then I was banned. I didn't catch the admins name but this PISSES me the ###### OFF. Now not only can I not get my game running, but I got ###### banned for asking for help. Nice ###### customer service.

22:06 Global ---------- END OF MESSAGE(S) OF THE DAY ----------
    22:06 You are banned from the channel #naturalselection

If you can't tell, I'm mad. This is ###### ridiculous, what kind of people are givin admin around here?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you're in need of support, the very best place to come to are these forums. Based on your behaviour(being pissed) and use of vulgar language isn't really going to help your situation. Take a look at the stickied threads based on bug reporting. You need to submit a ticket to the getsatisfication website in order to have your problem fixed. Take note that you're running an alpha where a lot of problems will occur.

In regards to you getting banned on IRC, I have no idea why you were. A forum admin will probably see your thread and help you out.
  • MasterchiefMasterchief Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18817Members
    edited September 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1798494:date=Sep 14 2010, 12:16 AM:name=Crispix)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Crispix @ Sep 14 2010, 12:16 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1798494"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you're in need of support, the very best place to come to are these forums. Based on your behaviour(being pissed) and use of vulgar language isn't really going to help your situation. Take a look at the stickied threads based on bug reporting. You need to submit a ticket to the getsatisfication website in order to have your problem fixed. Take note that you're running an alpha where a lot of problems will occur.

In regards to you getting banned on IRC, I have no idea why you were. A forum admin will probably see your thread and help you out.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sorry for the language. But I've been a member here since 2003, and it is just beyond me that players in the community are treated like this. It really really got under my skin, especially when all I was asking for was a little help.
  • RedfordRedford Monorailcatfjord Join Date: 2002-04-28 Member: 528Members, NS1 Playtester
    It was a mistake. Consider your login to IRC as having the worst timing possible. You can log back on now alright. Next time you may wish to directly consult the op that banned you as sometimes as far as trolls are involved, errors occur.
This discussion has been closed.