Monday Night Combat

Nil_IQNil_IQ Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15520Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Anyone playing this?</div>I'm planning on getting Monday Night Combat as my first XBLA purchase as soon as I get internet at my new place. Is anyone else playing this? I should point out that I'm currently in Aussieland, which may limit my ability to actually play anyone not also from there.

But anyway, is this awesome? The demo made it appear pretty awesome, and I can only imaging it would be moreso with actual online peoples.

Comments

• PaniggPanigg Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58212Members
    It looked really cool. Kinda like Dota but first person.
  • GeminosityGeminosity :3 Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20667Members
    My friends and I have been playing this CONSTANTLY. It's responsible for many missed hours of sleep :p

I usually go assassin though I sometimes mix it up with sniper or support too.

Is it good? YES! Is it going to get even better? Yup! They're patching it soon to fix some bugs and exploits and the first DLC should be released shortly after and best of all it'll be free!
    I'm not sure what else is in the DLC but it includes a new map called 'spunky arena' or something. Looks fun and there's some youtube vids of it already from PAX :3

It's easily one of the best quality xbox arcade titles yet :D
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Tower defense in thirdperson, the anouncerguy reminds me of Loudmouth Larry from RockNRoll Racing. Dota needs to go FPS/3PS!

TF2 -> td_ gamemode? :P
  • ThiefThief Ownage Join Date: 2003-08-09 Member: 19214Members, Constellation
    It is lots of fun, one of the better things you can spend money on in the arcade. I just think it's awesome that XBL gives small time developers the exposure they need for indie titles like these. That being said, it plays more polished than half of the retail 360 games I own. Only gripe is that some of the weapons/overcharge damages are a bit overpowered (read: instant win) if you know what you are doing when the game goes into sudden death - which is like every round.
  • steppin'razorsteppin'razor Join Date: 2008-09-18 Member: 65033Members, Constellation
    Sounds like fun, wish it was on PC
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    Plus it's made by developers from Demigod, so you KNOW the DotA parts are good.

But seriously, I've taken a look at the gameplay footage and it looks solid. Heck, they are stealing the great idea from so many games, including unique silhouettes from TF2, reward systems from many games, DotA aspects, proper controls for the XBox, etc.

Only downside I see is it's hard to get a full team together all in one house to go smash opponents online. Which personally is one of the best parts of having consoles.

Then again, I'm PC only.
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1798418:date=Sep 13 2010, 02:56 PM:name=spellman23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spellman23 @ Sep 13 2010, 02:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1798418"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Plus it's made by developers from Demigod, so you KNOW the DotA parts are good.

But seriously, I've taken a look at the gameplay footage and it looks solid. Heck, they are stealing the great idea from so many games, including unique silhouettes from TF2, reward systems from many games, DotA aspects, proper controls for the XBox, etc.

Only downside I see is it's hard to get a full team together all in one house to go smash opponents online. Which personally is one of the best parts of having consoles.

Then again, I'm PC only.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This, all of it.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    They did mention they are thinking about getting this ported to PC, hope they do and hope they do it goodly
  • Nil_IQNil_IQ Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15520Members
    Ok, so apparently I suck at this game. So much.

Only played as the assault and the gunner last night, so maybe they're just not my thang. The assassin looks fun, and I'll have to have a go with her tonight, as she was my main source of deaths as a gunner. Now I shall whine about things I didn't like, and you can all tell me why I'm doing it wrong!

- The gunner... he's so freaking <i>slow</i>! I'm sure that's the point, but his firepower doesn't even start to make up for it until you get the twin-minigun. Beating assassins over the head with my minigun was fun, but not being able to do so when they're cloaked annoyed me. <i>They're always cloaked!</i>

- The assault seems to have some promise, but his assault rifle is so puny. I feel like he'd be decent if he had some sort of sprint ability other than that useless dash attack. His sticky bombs are fun times though. Is there any point to upgrading his jetpack?

More later!