Blink Effect

vizioNzvizioNz InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24595Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
Make it similar to the SC2 scenamatic where zeratul blinks around kerrigan.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgatL2LQKLI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgatL2LQKLI</a>

2:20 & 3:07-3:15 << are example of the blink (smoke) effect.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I still don't think it is very Fade-like, it's looks and feels to slow. I'd rather have a wobbly effect and after image with scratchy electric bolts/sounds when he goes "poof"
  • Dank McShwaggerDank McShwagger Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67784Members
    its pretty much the same effect as nightcrawler which is what they already are going for
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2010
    <b>Yeah, but Nightcrawler goes like this:</b>
    <i>>POOF< *after image/smoke*
    >POOF< reapears in another spot</i>

<b>Zeratul goes:</b>
    <i>Smoke surrounding him (which takes about 2 seconds)... >Swoooooosh< Gone...
    Smoke at another spot fading away (which takes bout 2 seconds) >Swoooooosh< Here's Johnny!</i>

It's so damn slow... Fade is much faster, Nightcrawler speed seems better. Although I still think he's more of an electrical guy...
  • BRICEBRICE Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72453Members
    he is a product of nuclear society.
    atom manipulation and distortion :)
  • RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    He's talking about the effect, not the duration.

I myself just thought about what is so cool about dynamic lightning: In Dead Space and Bioshock where several instances where bodys where moving between you and a light source to force you to turn around in a shock only to discover there's nobody left.
    Understand what I'm hinting at? The blink should make the fade a moving shadow, but forces him to stay near walls while not being able to attack but have greatly increased resistances and some more moving speed.

He would be the perfect guerilla.