ns2alpha does not want to start up

solvathussolvathus Join Date: 2010-08-24 Member: 73767Members
<div class="IPBDescription">problems with launching ns2</div>Hi there !

I recently downloaded the alpha for ns2 and could play this without any problems.

Now i recently switched my graphics card and now if i want to launch ns2 on steam, it says : preparing to launch natural selection like it normal does.

Now the thing is, nothing happens. The window closes and i hear my pc is busy with something but nothing happens, it don't want to launch anymore

Anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks !

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2010
    Might be an engine bug telling the engine it is still using the settings for the previous card.

First I'd try and verify the integrity of the game cache, just to make sure the game is good to go:

<i>Right click on NS2 in the Steam Library (game list) and select properties. Now check the "Local Files" tab and press the button "verify Integrity of game cache..."</i>

Also check in the properties of NS2 if the game is set to "Always keep this game up to date" on the "Updates" tab

Other then that I guess a de-install and reinstall of NS2. I don't think it stores settings in the documents folder. Just makes sure the NS2 folder is empty or gone from Steam common files, before you reinstall...

<i>"somedrive:\Steam\SteamApps\common"</i>
  • solvathussolvathus Join Date: 2010-08-24 Member: 73767Members
    i already tried to delete / reinstal but it still does not work. i will try what you just said.